Eh? This game hasn't been selling well outside of Japan...

#1Lethal_BathTubPosted 10/7/2012 11:18:50 AM
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/63014/one-piece-pirate-musou/
For the first two weeks, they've only sold around 70k...
Jesusss
---
Too many things are troublesome.
Psn: Lethal_Sink - Visit my YouTube for daily videos http://www.youtube.com/user/ChaotixLegacy
#2sword2183Posted 10/7/2012 11:21:35 AM
Yeah that kind of sucks. At least they didn't go into to the trouble to localize everything.
#3invidoverlordPosted 10/7/2012 11:28:05 AM
hence why theres less and less anime games coming to the USA or other places because theres some gundam games that i would love to have in english subs
---
I like Robotech and Cookies
#4FryerPosted 10/7/2012 11:32:51 AM
One Piece has never really been that popular in North America compared to Naruto and Bleach. Mainly because 4kids or whoever really screwed up with the dubbing.
#5invidoverlordPosted 10/7/2012 11:43:52 AM
Fryer posted...
One Piece has never really been that popular in North America compared to Naruto and Bleach. Mainly because 4kids or whoever really screwed up with the dubbing.

indeed, but i did like their beginning song, hi yo hi yoooo
---
#6Merc123Posted 10/7/2012 12:30:57 PM
Well there goes the chance of the US getting a Pirate Warriors 2 if they make one. I guess i should just be happy Bamco bothered to bring this to the US in the first place.

I really hate them though. We never get One Piece games over here, i really wanted the Unlimited Cruise games, and then Naruto Ultimate Ninja 5 never came out here. They released the first 4 games here, it pissed me off they did not release 5. Oh well though.

Its a shame One Piece is not that popular in the states, but then again alot of anime games never come to the US. I mean there were Soul Eater games i was not even aware of until like 2 months ago.
---
http://www.facebook.com/MEmarauder - Marauder Shields Facebook page.
#7pokemon_45_79_1Posted 10/7/2012 1:03:05 PM(edited)
70k in two weeks pretty good, sales had slow down in Japan after about 2 weeks as well, they made most of there money from the Japan version every sale outside in the west just gave them more money, and lets see how it looks within 3 months, then we can say it is doing bad if it is, seems it is doing well, plus its vg charts can't trust them that much.
---
Ryoma / Sora/ Naruto/ Ginta/ Lan/ luffy
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#8invidoverlordPosted 10/7/2012 1:07:34 PM
but hey think of all the money they saved for the US version, no VA's no packaging. and the majority of people i know prefer subs so i would love it if we get more subed games straight from japan, heck if they just let a translator and PSN/Xbox live rep work with them at the start they could release the games at the same time here as in japan so massive win for fans and gamers
---
#9pokemon_45_79_1Posted 10/7/2012 1:41:26 PM
Also tc keep in mind toel and NB has release this game to a certain fanbase, DW fans and OP fans, vg charts fails to see that, its geared towards the niche fanbase, which is exactly what NB and toel are targeting, and its doing good seems there is a market over here that means a sequel is possible.
---
Ryoma / Sora/ Naruto/ Ginta/ Lan/ luffy
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#10OnikyuubiPosted 10/7/2012 2:13:33 PM
Is it just me, or do these numbers not include the US digital download numbers?

Release history list only mentions JP and EU release, no US or Asia. So it's bound to have some figures missing overall, I reckon.