How can you get specific coins?

#1Holy2360Posted 11/9/2012 11:34:27 PM
I have been going after coins for a little while now. Mainly through the Main Log 11 method. It works pretty well but now I get nothing new. I have eight coins remaining.

First, I observed that in Main Log 11, I pretty much always got the same, story-related coins. I recently noticed that I was getting either Franky or Robin's New World Mark.

I was missing Robin and Sanji's character coins. I played as them and unlocked those coins within a couple levels (1-2 each respectively). The same is true with weapon coins and the basic Marks (non-New World marks).

I farmed a few levels online and was getting many duplicates. Non-story-related coins. Weapon and basic Mark coins.

So I am pretty sure that character and level have something to do with getting coins. As a made-up example playing Zolo's log 5 will usually/tend to drop you Usopp's New World Coin.

Can anyone verify this? Maybe it's just my luck but I do think there is a method to coin drops and ways to tip the scale, so to speak.

I'm missing Brooke, Nami, Sanji, and Chopper New World Marks and the mark in between Ivanokov and Moria if anyone knows any specifics. Thanks!
---
PSN: TheGodOfLight -->Tell me you're from GameFAQs if you send me a request.
3DS FC: 5155-3081-9269
#2AceviperPosted 11/10/2012 2:48:41 PM
yeah, i mostly get the coins related to the character I am playing as or the stage I am playing on.

Like if I play as zoro, I usually get his swords
If I play as brooke, I usually get his instruments

stuff like that.
---
If gameshark wasn't invented... games wont be as popular anymore
-Someone
#3NamekianClownPosted 11/10/2012 2:55:15 PM
Holy2360 posted...
the mark in between Ivanokov and Moria if anyone knows any specifics. Thanks!

That would be Alvida's. One of the more annoying to get because there isn't really any stages tied to her. I think Buggy's stage MIGHT raise the odds for it, but I'm not positive. I know a lot of people have had issues with it.
---
Segata Sanshiro! Segata Sanshiro! Sega Saturn, Shiro!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joNwYPdEBTc