Your reaction: Persona 5 takes place in Feudal Japan

#1HemerukioPosted 5/14/2012 3:16:11 PM(edited)
As a MAJOR prequel, the next game takes place in feudal Japan, where you're some sort of Persona-using samurai, shadows gradually starting to conquer the world, etc etc. How would you react?
---
Official We're Doomed guy of the NUNSG board
http://i40.tinypic.com/2vxnibk.png
#2MoranitePosted 5/14/2012 3:21:16 PM
Initial reaction: "WTF!?"
Weeks later: "I see how this can work. I look forward to it."
---
"THE PROTAGONIST IN ME!"
http://i.imgur.com/43pTr.jpg
#3Navyblack14Posted 5/14/2012 3:42:05 PM
Initially, I would retch. It would, in fact, be the total abandonment of everything we knew about Persona, and I do not doubt they would find someone to keep the super-hip-teenagers thing in tact. Seeing it would be unbelievable. I'd still buy it though.
---
Soji Seta forever. Also Minako.
#4CloseTheMoonPosted 5/14/2012 4:29:51 PM
And that won't make sense at all as Persona's setting is modern.
---
Why do people have no originality!!!
SMT Fan COMING THROUGH!!
#5ex295Posted 5/15/2012 3:45:58 PM
It'd be cool, I guess, but that kind of setting isn't really made for Persona.
---
PSN: letmetrythisname
#6Strain42Posted 5/15/2012 4:18:21 PM
I would rather see Devil Summoner tackle that rather than Persona (Raidou the 14th is in the 1920's and Raidou the first is from...I forget, but it's a really long time ago)

I think it'd be awesome to see the adventures of another Raidou.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to Persona doing this. I'd think it's a weird choice, but I do think it could work.

Pokemon is managing to do it, why can't Persona? :P
---
Don't forget to check out my MegaTen themed webcomics at http://www.drunkduck.com/user/Strain42/
#7nouseravailablePosted 5/15/2012 4:43:15 PM
Hemerukio posted...
As a MAJOR prequel, the next game takes place in feudal Japan, where you're some sort of Persona-using samurai, shadows gradually starting to conquer the world, etc etc. How would you react?

I didnt liked the Shadows start to conquer the world part. Anyway, i would rather modern style but the feudal setting wouldnt turn me off as long as it doesnt try to be an onimusha or smthing of the sort.
---
Blind Guardian (along with ac/dc) is the best band for shows i ever saw.
#8CloseTheMoonPosted 5/16/2012 6:28:47 PM
Strain42 posted...
I would rather see Devil Summoner tackle that rather than Persona (Raidou the 14th is in the 1920's and Raidou the first is from...I forget, but it's a really long time ago)

I think it'd be awesome to see the adventures of another Raidou.

However, I wouldn't be opposed to Persona doing this. I'd think it's a weird choice, but I do think it could work.

Pokemon is managing to do it, why can't Persona? :P

I can see what your pinpointing at. If they try to make a Persona in a feudal Japan, Most certainly Raidou will cameo in it (for preferences and stuff) or do a minor crossover?
---
Why do people have no originality!!!
SMT Fan COMING THROUGH!!