Kids Times would be abused so badly.

#11Sirian_HawkPosted 7/14/2012 12:34:28 PM
They want you to use it. It gives you a taste of the online experience like a demo, so that you will want more than just two hours a day and end up paying the monthly fee.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#12JDuBz_IVPosted 7/15/2012 12:43:24 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...
They want you to use it. It gives you a taste of the online experience like a demo, so that you will want more than just two hours a day and end up paying the monthly fee.

This.

Also, id be fairly confident saying the 2 hour window wont be a "set time frame" , meaning your 2 hours would be any 2 hours in a 24 hour period. You boot the game up, play your 2 hours, wait 24 hours, repeat.
---
3DS FC : 3909 - 7713 - 0964
Gamertag : LiTezOuT IV
#13PyjamaHeroPosted 7/18/2012 4:17:40 AM
JDuBz_IV posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...

This.

Also, id be fairly confident saying the 2 hour window wont be a "set time frame" , meaning your 2 hours would be any 2 hours in a 24 hour period. You boot the game up, play your 2 hours, wait 24 hours, repeat.

From

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/nintendo-direct-offers-new-dragon-quest-x-details

"There will also be free "Kids Time" play periods, two hours per day, in the afternoons in Japan."

So in Japan, at least, it's a set aside time frame that you can use. Business wise this is a lot smarter because if you miss it you'll bummed out and decide to pay for the time.
---
A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams.
#14JDuBz_IVPosted 7/18/2012 1:22:07 PM
PyjamaHero posted...
JDuBz_IV posted...
Sirian_Hawk posted...

This.

From

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/22/nintendo-direct-offers-new-dragon-quest-x-details

"There will also be free "Kids Time" play periods, two hours per day, in the afternoons in Japan."

So in Japan, at least, it's a set aside time frame that you can use. Business wise this is a lot smarter because if you miss it you'll bummed out and decide to pay for the time.

Cool. Thanks for the info, I actually like the time window option better too, especially concerning the ability to convince new players to start paying to play and get the full experience. Wee'd need a different time frame though. I'm 14 hours behind JST, (us cnt) so their window would be 4am-ish local time oO
---
Consoles owned: NES SNES N64 PS1 Dreamcast PS2 PS3
Xbox360. Handhelds: PSP(3000) 3DS
#15PedroMontanaPosted 7/18/2012 1:25:42 PM
It's not abuse, because even if you seriously manage to avoid the temptation to subscribe to be able to play whenever you want (and i bet a lot of people who buy the game with the intention of only using kids time will):
SquareEnix will certainly prefer at least getting your money from the game purchase to not getting money at all from people who would avoid a subscription based game altogether.
---
No More Heroes
#16JDuBz_IVPosted 7/30/2012 2:06:17 PM
Confirmed : no "free play" time in Dragon Quest Ten Online, at least in Japan.

Think I read it on WiiUdaily, can't remember. Its out there on the web though.
---
Consoles owned: NES SNES N64 PS1 Dreamcast PS2 PS3
Xbox360. Handhelds: PSP(3000) 3DS
#17DarkTwoopahPosted 8/7/2012 11:59:55 AM
Wait, so I gotta buy a game, then pay a fee to play the game I bought? Blasphemy.
---
i make sense 66.6 percent of the time.
#18PedroMontanaPosted 8/7/2012 12:10:29 PM
DarkTwoopah posted...
Wait, so I gotta buy a game, then pay a fee to play the game I bought?

No. When you buy the game, you can play it online for 2 hours every day.
You need to pay a subscription fee to play MORE then 2 hours per day.

There is also a short offline prelude/tutorial part in the beginning that can be played completely offline.
Some sources also say that there is a offline single player campaign that goes beyond the prelude/tutorial.
---
No More Heroes
#19LaytonmanPosted 8/8/2012 2:34:52 PM
its two hours DEAL WIF IT!
---
"Um... oh, it's Laytonman. Never mind. I was about to logic there for a second."-SpunkySix
#20PedroMontanaPosted 8/8/2012 3:41:26 PM
Laytonman posted...
its two hours DEAL WIF IT!

2 hours on weekdays, 3 hours on Saturday and Sunday i think.
---
No More Heroes