You still wanna claim DQ X is doing well in Japan after seeing this link?

#1zombie_basher13Posted 8/8/2012 2:42:03 PM
http://andriasang.com/con268/dqx_debut/

According to them, X has only sold a fraction of VIII and IX. The reported number is 420,000+, while the previous two sold 2 million+ each. This was in 2 days, for X it's 4 days. Wow.

Now say whatever you want in defense of DQ X, like it's an MMO and sub fees mean more than unit sales, or it's getting good reception, it's a fun game, SE is profitting, MMOs are fun, cool whatever. All valid points. But my point is not to look at sub fees, which is only good for SE, but at the drastic reduction in initial buyers. A lot can't and won't get it b/c it's an MMO, so many miss out. Many fans are lost and disinterested. So what if SE makes a little extra overtime? It damages their reputation with fans and that means more. Clearly, Japan save a small portion is turned off.

I mean it's worse than the difference between FF XIII and XIII-2. I'm just worried this will do some damage and affect things in the future.
---
Look alive, you fools.
#2EvilBirdoPosted 8/8/2012 4:32:40 PM
I'll still get it, assuming it makes its way over here.

Not because it's an MMO, but because it's Dragon Quest.
---
I admit....I did not see that coming. <_< - Mini
Getting into: Kingdom Hearts, Mario Kart VI
#3PedroMontanaPosted 8/8/2012 4:46:50 PM
It still sold 6 times as much as FF XI, and FF XII and XIII had normal FF sales again.
The people who don't want an MMO will just skip it and wait for the next game, just like the FF fans whodidn' want an MMO did after FF XI.
---
No More Heroes
#4BSerenityPosted 8/8/2012 6:54:31 PM
PedroMontana posted...
It still sold 6 times as much as FF XI, and FF XII and XIII had normal FF sales again.
The people who don't want an MMO will just skip it and wait for the next game, just like the FF fans whodidn' want an MMO did after FF XI.

This.
---
La morte e alle mie punte delle dita
Non ne temero c'e ne che la desiderino su me!
#5toxic1212Posted 8/9/2012 1:40:54 PM
They had to double the amount of servers, so it probably did better than they expected.
---
Pokemon Black Version Friend Code: 3568-2009-5155
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 Friend Code: 3310-7273-3543
#6VampiricDragon_Posted 8/9/2012 2:54:38 PM
for an mmo its selling amazingly well
#7plasmatic5Posted 8/12/2012 7:30:53 AM
One speculation for the lower numbers is that a lot of people are waiting for the WiiU version to come out.
---
My Superheroes consist of the band members of the Who, Led Zeppelin, and The Beatles
#8oODaBombOoPosted 8/13/2012 9:26:09 AM
thats what im doing
#9MelkacPosted 8/13/2012 11:42:12 AM
Japanese people ar not stupid, they are waiting for the Wii U versions.

Not to mention this is a MMO...those don't sell very well anywhere.
#10JohnwaltPosted 8/16/2012 7:44:08 AM
Melkac posted...
they are waiting for the Wii U versions.

Just watch, when the Wii U comes out, the game sales will go way up.
---
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.