Battle of Ranged Weaponry!

#11FenixRoninPosted 3/9/2014 7:52:02 PM
I have another problem with this poll... "The heavy weapon with siege mode to take advatage of any trips, powerful attack at the upper 300's the Heavybow Gun!"

Umm... idk what HBG's you are using but my bowguns with the limiter removed, power barrell on, AuL from the kitchen and the powercharm/talon my HBG's attack is over 500 with ease, and that doesn't even count the boost you get from eating for sharpshooter or temper. Then with armor skills on top of that like CE +3 and stuff... monsters just give up on life when they see me and my HBG. Monsters get wrecked, HBG is easily my ranged weapon of choice.
---
3DS Friend Code: 3368-2208-1515
Playing MH3U, Rune Factory 4 and Etrian Odyssey Untold: TMG
#12X_battousaiXPosted 3/10/2014 12:09:31 AM
ferofax posted...
Mmm, just a minor peeve on my part, but it's actually Light and Heavy Bowgun, not Lightbow and Heavybow, because these are bowguns, not just guns (although Gigant Cannon looks like a massive Magnum with Power Barrel on).

That said, Heavy Bowguns for me. I mean, Adrenaline +2, Fortify x2, Megademon Drug, Powertalon & Powercharm, and eating for Felyne Temper using Arken Antiphon with Power Barrel nets you 800+ attack.

Eight. Hundred. Plus.

Let that sink in. Doesn't even use Pills and Seeds, nevermind Heroics (if that stacks with Adrenaline), although I'd like to see how that stacks up.

Heroics takes over for Adrenaline +2, so they don't stack.

The Griffon Blazooka gets close to 800 with fortify x2, and I suppose if you remove the limiter it would get over 800 as well.

Without mega demondrug as well. Not sure if I was using temper or not for that matter.
#13MuttonBasherPosted 3/10/2014 9:32:15 AM
mh3usadg posted...
oh just wondering is their an armor set that gives you evade distance? that really is the only thing stopping me from using the LBG in a serious fight. also it can really help because if i get a speed sheath talisman then i can possibly gem that in to give me a armor set perfect for the HBG.

I don't use any evasion on my LBG sets since you're still very mobile. I do use it with the HBG though -- one natural roll won't get you out of the way of ivory's electric slide, for instance, but with evade dist you're safe. That said, I think sand barioth has evade dist. My HBG sets use the sand bari legs and a talisman. I suspect speed-sheath won't be as useful as evade dist -- you're still going to get nailed by quick attacks.
---
"How many hours can a person hunt monsters and not get bored? ...Uh, don't answer that."
-- The Fishmongress // ACNL Dream Address: 5200-2422-2133
#14mh3usadg(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2014 12:56:03 PM
X_battousaiX posted...
ferofax posted...
Mmm, just a minor peeve on my part, but it's actually Light and Heavy Bowgun, not Lightbow and Heavybow, because these are bowguns, not just guns (although Gigant Cannon looks like a massive Magnum with Power Barrel on).

That said, Heavy Bowguns for me. I mean, Adrenaline +2, Fortify x2, Megademon Drug, Powertalon & Powercharm, and eating for Felyne Temper using Arken Antiphon with Power Barrel nets you 800+ attack.

Eight. Hundred. Plus.

Let that sink in. Doesn't even use Pills and Seeds, nevermind Heroics (if that stacks with Adrenaline), although I'd like to see how that stacks up.

Heroics takes over for Adrenaline +2, so they don't stack.

The Griffon Blazooka gets close to 800 with fortify x2, and I suppose if you remove the limiter it would get over 800 as well.

Without mega demondrug as well. Not sure if I was using temper or not for that matter.

i'm talking in that base raw without any boost just plain armor and the weapon it's self not attack boost from other things
---
MH3USADG
I'm to a monster as a Deviljho is to a Great Jaggi. MH3U Name: TBC1. The Mine-Pwner.
#15tzimiscefucijiPosted 3/10/2014 1:20:33 PM
The lightbowgun is very fun and is also very rewarding.....

The only issue is having to spent time making one of each element, but when you have 1 of each its a very safe play.

I usually prefer duals since i got faster times( than every other weapon) but when things goes bad, i use my lgb and win eventually.

Everyone should give lgb a chance, but i admit that the hbg is very strong with normal shot 2 and pierce shots( sometimes the pallet shots might be useful too) and may bring faster results, but is definetely not the safer/easier way to the a hunt( unless were talking about a static enemy like Jhen and Ceadeus).

And the bow is very flexible, but not that stronger and requires more strategy imo, but its very fun to use and its range and unlimited shots are very nice too.
---
What once was, came to be. What is, loses its existence.
The palpable is nothing, the nothing assumes essence
#16FenixRoninPosted 3/10/2014 5:14:01 PM
mh3usadg posted...
i'm talking in that base raw without any boost just plain armor and the weapon it's self not attack boost from other things

Even then the base damage on the end game bowguns with the limiter removed and the power barrel attached can be easily over 400-450, and the goldbeard bowgun has insane power (though I don't like to use it much since it doesn't have normal 3 which makes me sad.)
---
3DS Friend Code: 3368-2208-1515
Playing MH3U, Rune Factory 4 and Etrian Odyssey Untold: TMG
#17ferofaxPosted 3/10/2014 7:46:20 PM(edited)
FenixRonin posted...
mh3usadg posted...

Even then the base damage on the end game bowguns with the limiter removed and the power barrel attached can be easily over 400-450, and the goldbeard bowgun has insane power (though I don't like to use it much since it doesn't have normal 3 which makes me sad.)

Which is why my Azure Rath set includes gemming in N3 at the cost of Evade Extender and HGE to Earplugs (so that's CE+3, Use Any Normal Shot, Normal Shot Up, Earplugs) which I specifically made for sieging elderlies.

tzimiscefuciji posted...
...but i admit that the hbg is very strong with normal shot 2 and pierce shots( sometimes the pallet shots might be useful too) and may bring faster results, but is definetely not the safer/easier way to the a hunt( unless were talking about a static enemy like Jhen and Ceadeus).

...Mmm, I dunno about you, but we're kind of forgetting that the HBG is the only ranged weapon that can block. And with the Limiter removed, the block is supposed to be tougher as per in-game texts, but not quite sure by how much. I'd rather block something and get chipped by half my health bar than take the full hit and get carted out.

---
Boomerang and RecoilDown+3 Evangelist
#18TakkTheInternPosted 3/11/2014 4:42:58 AM
I like to have mobility in my fights, and used bows for the longest time. However, I've recently fallen in love with the Rapid Fire from the LBG, so that's the choice for me
#19UlNinPosted 3/11/2014 5:08:21 AM
LBGs. For the versatility. Most LBGs will have at least two things you'll want to do with them (as opposed to one that you want and one that you'll settle for when you're out of primary ammo).

My personal favourite weapon, Blossomayhem is a decent Normal gun that happens to rapid fire Poison. Crown of Taurus is the best Pellet LBG that's also decent with Normal and can be used for KOs. The Wii-U-minator rapid fires Dragon S, Flaming S and Clust lv1. God's is used to Sleep, Para, Crag KO and Clust.

And with the option to Load All Ammo, you get crazy stuff like the God's Archipelago Para > Crag KO > 9 round Clust salute.
---
Confession Time: I am a button masher
#20Mx4_1204Posted 3/11/2014 6:14:28 AM
LBG's, because I prefer fast weapons.

I'll grant that HBG's generally have better kill times, but I enjoy using LBG's, so they work better for me.
---
My MHFU Weapon Tree and Ranker--> http://www.mediafire.com/?tlkc9ymqcduas73
If a person tells you a character sucks, chances are, they're the ones that suck