What is G Rank?

#1Supercuaco666Posted 12/17/2011 11:22:10 AM
I know it's some sort of "super high rank", with increased difficulty I guess, but I have some questions:
1) Are there G Rank only materials, such as minerals and small monster materials?
2) Do all monsters that appeared in Low Rank and High Rank (even Great Jaggi and other weak monsters) have G Rank counterparts?
3) Do these counterparts give exclusive G Rank materials? (Jaggi Hide++, for example)
4) Are there G Rank exclusive monsters?
---
Pokemon White Friend Code:
3697 2988 8960
#2SpiderCVIIIPosted 12/17/2011 11:27:12 AM
1. G rank materials consist of monster parts, bugs, and ores.

2. They should, although the last time we had a G-Rank the Great Jaggi counterpart of the time didn't have a G-Rank version.

3. Yep, but sometimes they will give out some High Rank items if you're unlucky.

4. Most of the time these G Rank exclusive monsters are end-bosses and subspecies.
---
Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Play as if you were to die tomorrow.
#3KarmoleosPosted 12/17/2011 1:47:31 PM
Great Jaggi counterpart did have a G-Rank version, the Velocidrome had more HP and did more damage at G-rank street. However, most G-rank monsters have new moves to pick you appart with, and Velocidrome did not have any new moves which might be the reason why the poster above said he didn't have a G-rank version.
---
*Gives Tigrex a cane, a monocle, a pipe and a top hat*
#4_Kanra_Posted 12/17/2011 2:42:41 PM
Quick question, can you solo G rank by yourself and what is the max HR you can get?
#5SpiderCVIIIPosted 12/17/2011 3:19:20 PM(edited)

Great Jaggi counterpart did have a G-Rank version, the Velocidrome had more HP and did more damage at G-rank street.

Well what I meant to say was that G-rank Velocidrome didn't drop G-rank materials, unlike all other true G-rank monsters.

Quick question, can you solo G rank by yourself and what is the max HR you can get?

In MHFU, the last MH game to have G-rank quests, it was possible to solo all of G-rank (and a good challenge at that). The highest HR then was 9, but you accessed G-rank quests at HR 7.

MHTri had a different HR system than MHFU. You got "exp" from quests that increased your HR. You did this until an urgent showed up, in which you ranked up in quest difficulty when cleared. The highest HR in Tri is 999, but most people call it quits at around HR 100 and new quests stop appearing at HR 50.
---
Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Play as if you were to die tomorrow.
#6MeniphPosted 12/18/2011 8:42:28 AM
Karmoleos posted...
Great Jaggi counterpart did have a G-Rank version, the Velocidrome had more HP and did more damage at G-rank street. However, most G-rank monsters have new moves to pick you appart with, and Velocidrome did not have any new moves which might be the reason why the poster above said he didn't have a G-rank version.

None of the dromes were in G rank in Unite at all.
---
where doing it man
where MAKING THIS HAPEN