Earth Crystal Farming Locations

#1Avg_Joe_GamerPosted 4/10/2012 4:25:21 PM
So where do you guys typically find the most earth crystals? I'm currently in the process of upgrading some weathered weapons and need about 500 earth crystals or so...

I think I'm going to try either Low or High rank Tundra for a while and see how that works out.

Do you guys notice any particular location or rank gives more earth crystals than others?
#2dchao99Posted 4/10/2012 4:43:09 PM
Earth Crystals are found everywhere. But to collect 500 of them takes time. I have learnt my lesson since MH2 not to get rid of any earth crystals.

Look at the resource maps on the JP wiki. And just focus on digging these spots, there is no shortcut.
---
MH3: HR100+ | MHP3rd: HR6 | MH3G: HR43 (Currently Playing)
#3Avg_Joe_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/10/2012 4:53:58 PM
Yeah I know they are found everywhere. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck in a particular location? Maybe it's just me being superstitious.
#4dchao99Posted 4/10/2012 5:03:54 PM
Avg_Joe_Gamer posted...
Yeah I know they are found everywhere. I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck in a particular location? Maybe it's just me being superstitious.

Here is the link to the location of earth crystals:

http://mh3g.trigwiki.jp/ida/37048.html

Looks for spots with word [fixed] in black writing, and 30+% chances.
---
MH3: HR100+ | MHP3rd: HR6 | MH3G: HR43 (Currently Playing)
#5draewonPosted 4/10/2012 6:25:17 PM
the portable series never had this problems because you can just mine in your farm, either by yourselves, and/or by sending cats in it, the biggest difference with "manual" farming on moga or quests like in other platform MH's including Tri and 3G is that even when you don't feel like looking for an earth crystal(or any common ores in particular), you will keep getting it nevertheless, which is quite convenient when you have a sudden urge like the TC have in the later parts of the game
---
Ryuha! Toho Fuhai wa,ouja no kaze yo!,zenshin!,keiretsu!,tenpakyouran!,mio! toho wa,akaku moeteiru!! ~master asia~
#6mattfrankPosted 4/10/2012 6:49:42 PM
Take on a few charm run in 'frozen 'tundra' and rake in some EC there as well.

Use 'Felyne explore' and find an special axe in the secret area when you go onto a hunting quest in 'desert island' and 'dessert'.
You can use it to duplicate 5 EC at the cost of one.
#7draewonPosted 4/11/2012 2:49:44 AM
so the expand pickaxes are back? the method of getting it is very weird compared to FU though...
---
Ryuha! Toho Fuhai wa,ouja no kaze yo!,zenshin!,keiretsu!,tenpakyouran!,mio! toho wa,akaku moeteiru!! ~master asia~
#8Avg_Joe_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 4/11/2012 11:09:30 AM
draewon posted...
so the expand pickaxes are back? the method of getting it is very weird compared to FU though...

How do you get them in this game?

Also, I've concluded that Low Rank Tundra is the best place. I'm averaging about 15 Earth Crystals per run.
#9draewonPosted 4/11/2012 5:58:38 PM
Avg_Joe_Gamer posted...
How do you get them in this game?

Also, I've concluded that Low Rank Tundra is the best place. I'm averaging about 15 Earth Crystals per run.

didn't you pay attention to mattfranks post?, i was commenting on that one *facepalms*
---