Isn't the 3DS version a little redudant? Especially for Western markets?

#1angelXboyPosted 9/21/2012 7:32:43 PM
Cause face it portable gaming isn't all that huge in the US. Even if it is Monster Hunter isn't all that popular. Plus it doesn't have online

You would have to get the Wii U version which I think it is a lot easier to play with other people as it has it's own servers and you can play with someone else in the country who has it also. The Wii U is kind of expensive but it's not a surprise anyways since it's new. Well...it will be new when it's released haha. I want to play it so bad by launch but I can always wait for my birthday next summer.

Wii U is the definitive version in my opinion.
---
Talk to me please. I'm soooo loonneellyy ~ <3
#2Desrtw0lfPosted 9/21/2012 7:51:06 PM
Portable soloing, bro, portable soloing.

In my case though I have two brothers who will be getting this game, so I'll have people to play local with. In my situation I'm getting both, one for portability and one for online. Online because one of my brothers isn't the best at Monster Hunter.

Anyway I see your logic, but there are two reasons for both versions:
1)Some people have a 3DS only, and don't want a WiiU
2)Remember, the WiiU version is actually the localized MH3GHD, which is an upgrade on MH3G, which is a 3DS game. It makes more sense to bring both over, especially since they really are the same game at the localization level.
---
-Desert Wolf
#3Miggi3Fr3shPosted 9/21/2012 8:46:10 PM
Wonder how TC feels about Smash Bros
---
3DS: 3351-4111-5844 Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Here at GameFAQs gamers don't game, they complain.
#4angelXboy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 12:06:13 AM
Yeah I myself have a 3DS. Sure I know how to do solo hunts but I still think it's really fun to play online! Oh well I guess i could get the 3DS version first and Wii U version later! I hope the servers will still be filled by the time I come on! After all people are probably going to be playing this one for so long now just like Freedom Unite.
---
Talk to me please. I'm soooo loonneellyy ~ <3
#5AgostaNeverDiesPosted 9/22/2012 11:52:49 AM
Wonder how TC feels about Smash Bros

Sakurai stated that the 3DS version wouldn't be a downgraded port, so that comparison is moot.
#6HalecticPosted 9/22/2012 12:24:10 PM
I am getting the 3DS version first, because i dont mind playing a MH game solo and you dont need to be shackled infront of a TV

Then if i ever decide to get a WiiU, i can get MHU HD and continue my progress from the 3DS
---
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835
#7CubeMazePosted 9/28/2012 6:53:32 PM
Not everyone wants a Wii U.
#8Riyo_chanPosted 9/29/2012 1:10:38 PM
First TC....don't refer to "Western Markets" as "US" because there are many many places outside the US (contrary to what some Americans believe ^_^) just a pet peeve of mine ^_^

Also....I'm buying both (and a Wii U and upgrading by 3DS to an XL....gonna have to save a lot by March ^_^) because I'll use the Wii U version to play online with people but I prefer playing a portable because I can move around while I play (I fail at staying still for long ^_^)
---
The life of a samurai is like the cherry blossom, beautiful but brief
Official Brakidios of MH3G Board
#9Mad_MerikPosted 9/29/2012 2:26:47 PM
Riyo_chan posted...
First TC....don't refer to "Western Markets" as "US" because there are many many places outside the US (contrary to what some Americans believe ^_^) just a pet peeve of mine ^_^

Also....I'm buying both (and a Wii U and upgrading by 3DS to an XL....gonna have to save a lot by March ^_^) because I'll use the Wii U version to play online with people but I prefer playing a portable because I can move around while I play (I fail at staying still for long ^_^)

^This, on both points.
---
Cowabunga
#10xLinkkuPosted 9/29/2012 8:16:04 PM
Riyo_chan posted...

this.
---
Gamertag: SOULxKill3r
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3998-3033 | Bryan