Wifi cross region?

#1clow_liPosted 10/2/2012 5:45:42 PM
Has there been any mention whether someone with a Japanese version will be able to play locally with a localized version? It did not normally work with the psp games but it could be done through ad-hoc party so I doubt capcom would change for this but just asking.
#2koeke14Posted 10/7/2012 6:11:33 AM
On the 3DS there will not be an online mode. On the Wii U, there is, but the servers will probably be set per region. Japan will have their own servers, America will have their own, and Europe and Australia will have their own. I think it's going to be the same as the Tri servers.
---
3DS: 4983-4968-4308 = Kjell
Cash rules everything around me, C.R.E.A.M.
#3xWazManxPosted 10/7/2012 7:09:42 AM
But remember that this time its nintendo's own servers. So we really dont know right now.
---
"Just because IGN gives Call of Battlefield Modern Toadfare 7: Dubstep Zombie edition Map Pack 4 a 15/10 doesn't mean it's good." - Manthony
#4dot21496Posted 10/7/2012 10:15:42 PM
Knowing Nintendo, they'll separate the different players according to their region.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3G (JP/3DS)
#5RyuniPosted 10/8/2012 12:47:02 AM
dot21496 posted...
Knowing Nintendo, they'll separate the different players according to their region.

This, Nintendo seem to be very set on making people play only with people from their own region.
#6ferofaxPosted 10/8/2012 1:38:58 AM
Ryuni posted...
dot21496 posted...

This, Nintendo seem to be very set on making people play only with people from their own region.

Lol, what? Nintendo Network is a centralized infrastructure, much like Nintendo WFC, where online games regardless of region can connect.

Also, Nintendo is forcing people to buy consoles and games that match regions, that's it. They do not restrict you from importing. Also, Pokemon's never had that restriction online, along with a slew of online games on Nintendo's handhelds. I think if a game has online, it should be able to connect to any region. Heroes of Ruin can connect between US and EU regions just fine, probably with JP too but I do not think it's be localized for JP. Mario Kart 7's another example (which touts the "preview" version of Nintendo Network's Community Codes).
---
pardon if my posts suck, i post by tapping on the handset button on a one-way analog handset. i saw Hannibal Lecter do it.
#7ZendaikPosted 10/8/2012 3:01:31 AM
Kid Icarus is cross region. Don't see why MH3U couldn't be either.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#8dot21496Posted 10/8/2012 3:51:55 AM(edited)
The Last Story wasn't cross region. Either way, I highly doubt there'll be cross region play but we'll see when it's released.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3G (JP/3DS)