MH3U has online but with a catch.

#1shinie_aPosted 10/23/2012 1:54:49 PM
You have to buy a Wii U.

Dont hunt on your lonesome Connect with up to 3 friends in 4 player local play or online via Nintendo Wii U

http://shop.capcom.com/store/capcomus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.1944700/productID.256110500
---
"I refuse to do anything manually, I need Capcom to baby me with these tiny ass red cross hairs wahh wahhh."-Doktoroktopus
#2OmicronwastakinPosted 10/23/2012 2:19:00 PM
We've known this for quite a while...
---
Monster Hunter Tri Name: Ajenla
Kid Icarus Uprising Name: Omicron
#3mhunterchumpPosted 10/23/2012 4:01:35 PM
The 3DS version can only play locally through adhoc signal.

It can only connect with other 3DS systems or it can connect with the Wii U system, which acts like a 3DS.

You can't piggy back your 3DS to the Wii U and play on the servers.

3DS version is local only.
---
PSN/Xbox:mhunterchump
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#4shinie_a(Topic Creator)Posted 10/23/2012 6:33:19 PM
mhunterchump posted...

It can only connect with other 3DS systems or it can connect with the Wii U system, which acts like a 3DS.

I don't know if you were able to read it but the site clearly said that you cloud connect your 3DS online via your Wii U(note my OP). They changed it though and now it reads "Connect with up to 3 friends in 4 player local play" >:(
---
"I refuse to do anything manually, I need Capcom to baby me with these tiny ass red cross hairs wahh wahhh."-Doktoroktopus
#5mhunterchumpPosted 10/23/2012 7:16:58 PM
shinie_a posted...
mhunterchump posted...

I don't know if you were able to read it but the site clearly said that you cloud connect your 3DS online via your Wii U(note my OP). They changed it though and now it reads "Connect with up to 3 friends in 4 player local play" >:(

I can read but it was a mistake when they copy/pasted it from the Wii U description.

It has been fixed now.
---
#6shinie_a(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2012 1:55:01 PM
mhunterchump posted...
shinie_a posted...
mhunterchump posted...

I can read but it was a mistake when they copy/pasted it from the Wii U description.

It has been fixed now.

It wasn't copy pasted, I read both descriptions extensively. You trying to hide something?
---
#7mhunterchumpPosted 10/25/2012 4:33:05 PM
shinie_a posted...
mhunterchump posted...
shinie_a posted...
mhunterchump posted...

It has been fixed now.

It wasn't copy pasted, I read both descriptions extensively. You trying to hide something?

Why would I be hiding something?

I am a mod on the capcom website so I know it was a copy/paste error. Here is the exact line as it was written before it was fixed:

Dont hunt on your lonesome Connect with up to 3 friends in 4 player local play or online via Nintendo Wii U

As you can see, it doesn't say 3DS anywhere in the line.

This line was copied from an ad that had both 3DS and Wii U versions in it.

It was a mistake and it was fixed.
---