Digital or physical copy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Digital or physical copy?

User Info: Allthingsanime

Allthingsanime
4 years ago#1
I noticed that this game is being released for download in all regions on the Nintendo eShop, so this led to the question of whether the game would run faster/smoother as a digital copy or from a cartridge because I remember that on the PSP having a digital copy of MHFU generally resulted in better load times than having a physical UMD. What do you guys think?

User Info: klim28

klim28
4 years ago#2
UMD is a thing of the past. Horrible loading times.

I guess it will be the same. I have MK7, NSMB2, HM ANB in digital and physical and they have the same loading times.
3DS kino 4639 - 8985 - 8808 Kid Icarus Uprising / Harvest Moon A New Beginning
3DS kino 4554 - 1003 - 6906 Monster Hunter 3G / New Super Mario Brothers 2

User Info: SL68

SL68
4 years ago#3
I'll get a physical copy of both since I really love to have them in my shelf collection. :-)

That plus the fact that I think some retailers where I live will have some pre-order extras which won't be available for download.

User Info: Jackalfox

Jackalfox
4 years ago#4
Since the 3DS uses cartridges for its games, there really isn't a difference in loading times between physical and digital loading times. It's just a matter of preference.
Now Playing - The World Ends with You: Solo Remix (iOS), Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)

User Info: dancer62

dancer62
4 years ago#5
Digital = zero collector value, no box art, no manual.
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Digital or physical copy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived