To anyone who played 3DS demo AND Wii U demo...

#1brodieman214Posted 2/21/2013 11:39:20 AM
...which do you prefer as far as controls go?
#2bigshot2000Posted 2/21/2013 11:47:18 AM
well the game pad felt too spread out to me. the pro controller felt better by a long ways and the classic pro controller felt great, but that one was used throughout my time on tri on the wii.

The 3DS controls were a little awkward. even though a d pad was on the touch screen and i had easy access to it, i didn't like getting my fingers all over th screen. the actual d pad left me having to let go of the circle pad to turn the camera, something thats hard to do when fighting.

under the this kind of control scheme, i'd vote for the wii u, but the CCP will be supported in the 3ds version. It would make it more easier to move the camera in my respect, but i still vote for the wii u
---
If 3DS is announced to be coming out in November
ShadowofStatue: I will pee, for the first time in my life T-Viral-X: You...YOU ARE INHUMAN!
#3selfdeztructionPosted 2/22/2013 3:12:18 AM(edited)
bigshot2000 posted...
well the game pad felt too spread out to me. the pro controller felt better by a long ways and the CLASSIC CONTROLLER PRO felt great, but that one was used throughout my time on tri on the wii.

The 3DS controls were a little awkward. even though a d pad was on the touch screen and i had easy access to it, i didn't like getting my fingers all over th screen. the actual d pad left me having to let go of the circle pad to turn the camera, something thats hard to do when fighting.

under the this kind of control scheme, i'd vote for the wii u, but the CPP will be supported in the 3ds version. It would make it more easier to move the camera in my respect, but i still vote for the wii u

Fix'd,Classic Controller (CC) & Classic Controller Pro (CCP) are the controllers that attach to the wiimote and are compatible with Wii & Wii U.

Circle Pad Pro (CCP) & Circle Pad Pro XL (CPP XL) are the add-ons for the 3DS and 3DS XL that allow the addition of a second analog stick.

Not trying to be a nitpicking jerk or anything,just trying to make sure that TC buys the right thing if they purchase something.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#4selfdeztructionPosted 2/22/2013 3:25:47 AM
brodieman214 posted...
...which do you prefer as far as controls go?

There isn't really a difference between the 3DS camera controls vs the Wii U's gamepad controls.

Both touch screens look identical except the 3DS version has an on-screen D-pad.

Both games put the camera behind you/focus on the boss monster when you tap L and the only real adjustment I ever made in either game was placing the cameras height at 3 (slightly above my hunter and slightly facing down)

The game uses configurable camera heights that range from 1 (highest angle) - 6 lowest angle.

Those settings are saved in the options (even the demo) and I never had to adjust anything except pressing L to reposition the camera behind my hunter or focus on the boss monster.

It is the simplest MH camera I've dealt with and I've played Tri (20 hours) and MHFU (25 hours) and I greatly prefer the camera in MHU.

I don't notice any difference when I switch back and fourth between the two demos.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#5VikingDieselPosted 2/22/2013 4:23:35 AM
I just tried the demo on 3ds version and without trying the wiiU version I have to say the system with the CC will take my vote hands down. Played it on the original 3ds and maybe I have huge stone hands but its almost as bad as playing unite on the PSPGO. I dig the new target monster feature, but maneuvering in water and gunning/bow was just unbearable. Considering getting the wiiU just for mh3u/MH4. But then again I might reconsider just leaving the series as a disappointed MH fan or at least until capcom makes better choices on which system to drop. I'm not a system fanboy, I'm just not a fan of buying a system for 1 or 2 games. I dig the 3ds. But the controls just suck.

How's the controls on the 3dsXL?
#6MonkeymooXDPosted 2/22/2013 4:38:11 AM
3DS XL, I just seem to be faster with it.