I suck

#1Sgt_ChapstikPosted 2/26/2013 10:19:29 AM
So it took me three tries to beat the bunny. I beat it with dual blades.
Btw, this is the first time I've ever played a MH game and I'm looking forward to the real game.
When it comes to weapons, do you find new better ones or can you make them?
---
Gamertag: Sgt Chapstik PSN: Garchomp24
3DS FC: 1075-0797-8795 Facebook:Trent Wells
#2Gardevoir47Posted 2/26/2013 10:21:13 AM(edited)
The game is all about defeating monsters, and using their materials for armor and weapons, to defeat harder monsters, Rinse and repeat.

It SOUNDS boring, but it's amazing actually.
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 7849 1598
BTW, The Game
#3ZerekrielPosted 2/26/2013 10:21:57 AM
Every weapon has to be made. You'll start the main game off with the base Bone form of every weapon type, as well. This is one of those games with branching weapon upgrades, so be prepared to learn your way around the crafting menu.
---
Shine on, embrace and deny me. Turn on, Wheel of Time.
Shine on, you've burnt me, now guide me. Weave on, Wheel of Time.
#4Sgt_Chapstik(Topic Creator)Posted 2/26/2013 10:35:43 AM
Thanks guys. Now it sounds way more appealing than before. I cannot wait to get this game.
---
Gamertag: Sgt Chapstik PSN: Garchomp24
3DS FC: 1075-0797-8795 Facebook:Trent Wells
#5realestatemanPosted 2/26/2013 10:36:54 AM
That's actually really good haha
Considering it's your first MH and there's absolutely NO explanation about anything, beating it in three tries is fantastic haha
In fact, if you beat ANYTHING on your first try, there's something wrong with the game. It's all about getting to know the monster's mechanics so it's really unnatural to be able to beat something without learning about it first- almost like acing a test in a class you've never taken.

Weapon customization is one of the biggest parts of this game. You take the spoils from the monsters you beat and make your own weapons and armor.
And as someone pointed out, every time you upgrade your weapon or make a new one, there's almost always about three different weapons that weapon can turn into when you get the materials to upgrade it, which in turn have three more choices, etc
---
Well, that's okay I guess
B/W FC- 0690 4642 9700
#6klecserPosted 2/26/2013 11:09:56 AM
realestateman posted...

Weapon customization is one of the biggest parts of this game. You take the spoils from the monsters you beat and make your own weapons and armor.
And as someone pointed out, every time you upgrade your weapon or make a new one, there's almost always about three different weapons that weapon can turn into when you get the materials to upgrade it, which in turn have three more choices, etc

Thanks for the info! Makes me feel better too. I am completely new to MH and I beat the bunny on my second try with the sword and shield and actually using items appropriately. I started with the giant axe and that's a little too "finesse" for a new player. And when I say "finesse", I mean frustrating as heck.

Would you mind travelling to this thread and answering some of my questions not covered here? I understand the nature of the weapons now.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/642342-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/65557229