Pre-order Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate and receive FREE Digital Strategy Guide

#1AncientRomeBCPosted 2/27/2013 12:21:09 PM
http://www.gamestop.com/nintendo-3ds/games/monster-hunter-3-ultimate/107749#bonusFeatures

anyone know if it will be the full guide or just one of the mini starter guides?
---
3DS XL - 2423 2409 6597
"Veni, Vidi, Vici" - Julius Caesar
#2OmegaReaper21Posted 2/27/2013 1:01:06 PM
Due to it saying it is from Brady, and that it doesn't indicate small/mini/etc, it might be the full guide.
Cool as I just preordered from Gamestop, still going to buy a copy of the guide though.
#3agentpheonixPosted 2/27/2013 1:02:05 PM
I heard from the live stream that the guide is like 1200+ pages...
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metal Gear Rising
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#4RyuniPosted 2/27/2013 1:03:32 PM
agentpheonix posted...

The original yes, but this is a slim version. I believe the GameStop one is like 200 pages or so. I could be wrong though.
---
MH3U and more at www.youtube.com/naeryu
#5agentpheonixPosted 2/27/2013 1:09:36 PM
Ryuni posted...
agentpheonix posted...

The original yes, but this is a slim version. I believe the GameStop one is like 200 pages or so. I could be wrong though.

In that case, 200 pages doesn't seem to be enough to accurately cover every aspect of this game
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Fire Emblem: Awakening, Metal Gear Rising
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#6RyuniPosted 2/27/2013 1:15:09 PM
agentpheonix posted...
Ryuni posted...
agentpheonix posted...

In that case, 200 pages doesn't seem to be enough to accurately cover every aspect of this game

Here's my source:
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/02/25/pre-order-monster-hunter-3-ultimate-from-gamestop-for-a-strategy-guide/
---
MH3U and more at www.youtube.com/naeryu
#7oORyuumaruOoPosted 2/27/2013 1:39:41 PM(edited)
As much as I'd want the paperback copy, this is probably as good as it's going to get since it's free. Just imagine how much it would cost to print several thousand 1200 paged copies as well as the shipping costs.

(edit):
That said, I'm still worried about the actual content...
#8HoutenPosted 2/27/2013 2:04:13 PM
Japanese Bible = 1200pg
Bradygames Guide = 250pg

Bradygame's guide uses larger paper for their guide but that still falls short about 750pg based purely on the printable area.

Once thing that Bradygame got going for them is that since the guide is digital it can use interactive format and also updates. Here is what I hope it could do, but I've never had a e-guide before....

- Click on the monster picture may bring up a overlay of all the damage spot showing breakable parts, weakness, and damage %

- Map that have all the gather points marked out and only shows whats on that spot when you click on it

- Weapon tree that shows basic craftable weapons and once clicked on it shows its upgrade path and continues on.

- One page with a list of items and once clicked on it shows what is used to make it.

- One page that shows all 12 weapon type, and once clicked it brings up detail description and controls for said weapon.

Perhaps this is the optimist in me talking, but I really hope this guide an come close to the actual 1200pg tome that the Japanese players got.
---
Is it so hard to for people to just be fans of videogames?
#9GuerillaGorillaPosted 2/27/2013 6:14:40 PM
Pretty sure the guide is a PDF.
---
NNID: GuerillaGorilla
3DS FC: 0748-1993-0631
#10frofrodajimyboyPosted 2/27/2013 6:15:39 PM
"Have any form of access to the internet and receive FREE digital strategy guides for every game ever made"
---
Gamertag: FroFroDaJimyBoy
Wingman, leader, warrior.