To anyone turned off by the demo, combat is only half the game

#1BulbopwnPosted 3/1/2013 8:30:28 AM
The demo does a bad job of selling the game. I admit this. But please give the whole game a shot because combat is not what sold me to the series. Upgrading weapons, killing monsters and making armors out of them, and finding the best armor sets and weapons for each monster sold me to the series. Conquering a tough battle and wearing armor claimed from that damned monster is the best feeling in the world haha. The battles are fun but people need to realize there's an extremely indepth customization aspect to this game that really satisfies my number crunching fetish. Just my two cents. I really want Monster Hunter 4 to be localized so please give it a shot :(

Thanks for your time
#2RinnsiPosted 3/1/2013 8:32:58 AM
I feel the demo should of been you starting in town, an dyou can talk to the weapon smith to learn you need to upgrade your weapon, but the only one avaiable is... whatever the two in the demo drop, so you go out, hunt, gather, and get your items, so you can upgrade to the higher rank weapons, and see how much better upgrading makes you gear.
#3TruePowerSeekerPosted 3/1/2013 9:05:27 AM
Remember that the demo is the same one from Japan and in Japan everyone and their grandma knows what Monster Hunter is about. This game may have never made it to the west if not for Nintendo helping with localization. So the demo wasn't made with westerners in mind.
---
http://tinyurl.com/abm7qr6
#4mrsmr2Posted 3/1/2013 9:13:14 AM
This game is nearly all about combat.
#5DougyBPosted 3/1/2013 9:31:14 AM
I might be in the minority here but I don't find scrounging for mushrooms, mining, etc, to be fun at all. Fighting big ass monsters is what draws me in.

Sure I like to make crap out of their body parts but that only takes up a tiny fraction of my time.

I don't want to feel like a hobo digging for cans when I play a game.
---
b
#6darkblade56Posted 3/1/2013 10:37:42 AM
DougyB posted...
I might be in the minority here but I don't find scrounging for mushrooms, mining, etc, to be fun at all. Fighting big ass monsters is what draws me in.

Sure I like to make crap out of their body parts but that only takes up a tiny fraction of my time.

I don't want to feel like a hobo digging for cans when I play a game.

The game is all about upgrading/grinding and most importantly prepping for the hunts for the big monsters. The game isn't meant get you down and dirty right off the bat. It starts you with gathering quests to get you in the habit of preparation for each hunt. You already know this it sounds like.
#7DeviL337Posted 3/1/2013 3:30:34 PM
mrsmr2 posted...
This game is nearly all about combat.

^
#8PolarbaggiPosted 3/1/2013 3:43:36 PM
All of my friends hated mh3g because of the 3ds demo. When I saw them playing so badly I laughed. But it was a piece of cake to me because it is my favorite and only game for the wii. But I have to admit the 3ds controls are bad,I liked the wii u and Wii's controls better...
---
3DS sells more then Vita, McDonald's sells more then Subway. I don't want inferior hardware just like I don't want type 2 Diabetes!~BoardUser-Heavysack
#9PennsagePosted 3/1/2013 4:59:46 PM
Bulbopwn posted...
The demo does a bad job of selling the game. I admit this. But please give the whole game a shot because combat is not what sold me to the series. Upgrading weapons, killing monsters and making armors out of them, and finding the best armor sets and weapons for each monster sold me to the series. Conquering a tough battle and wearing armor claimed from that damned monster is the best feeling in the world haha. The battles are fun but people need to realize there's an extremely indepth customization aspect to this game that really satisfies my number crunching fetish. Just my two cents. I really want Monster Hunter 4 to be localized so please give it a shot :(

Thanks for your time

I understand where your coming from. However I think the demo should at least 1 more boss. Although not seeing a town is really no big deal for me. I wanna be surprised to see what new additions they will add to the towns and the dialogue of the people ^_^

Seriously Thank God they both back dual blades!
#10AldathPosted 3/1/2013 5:02:09 PM
Not to turn newcomers off but... to do all of that, you need to battle... e_e
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND