Help me decide my 3U character?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Help me decide my 3U character?

User Info: Noni

Noni
3 years ago#1
What should my first 3U character be? - Results (74 votes)
A Male named Ironbeard.
45.95% (34 votes)
A Female named Box.
54.05% (40 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm toying with these two options. I'm a guy, so I'm gravitating towards the guy, but I like how some of the female armor looks too.

I'm aware that "Ironbeard" may not fit. I will remove letters as necessary to make it fit (Irnbeard or something). This character will be based off of the commercials for Tri.

I am also thinking of rolling a female because some of the female beastmaster armor just looks pretty cool. The name is an inside joke. However, I'm worried about how this will be perceived online if I'm a guy playing as a girl character. I'm guessing people won't mind or won't notice because I'll be using a keyboard most of the time.

I will probably eventually roll both, but I want to stick with one to start.

So what do you think? My fate is in your hands, GFAQs!

User Info: GregoryChambers

GregoryChambers
3 years ago#2
I'm making a female named Thaddeus probably. And I'm a guy. In games like this, I enjoy making female characters. There isn't much roleplay at all so I just go for what I enjoy visual, which is females. I wish more games were like Soul Sacrifice and Saint's Row 2, let me change all my stuff if I want to. It doesn't harm anything. I'd like to switch back and forth, male and female, sometimes.
Gamertag: ZipgunOnParade

Noni
3 years ago#3
I agree on that. Not much role play, but I like to make characters that aren't...myself. My first MHFU save (rest in peace) was a female. My second and final save was a male with my real name. My Tri character same thing. Looking to be a bit more fictional this time around.
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10

Noni
3 years ago#4
The results are tied at the moment? Oh noez moar votes.
Sent from my iPad via PowerGuides 1.10

User Info: deaddays

deaddays
3 years ago#5
Still trying to decide between male or female. My Tri character was male and I put 300 hours into him. Kinda thinking I'll go female this time around just for a different experience (armor, grunts, etc).

User Info: ShiningHunter

ShiningHunter
3 years ago#6
I always create a character after myself as my main, then I decide whether to make the female after my GF or make a female version of myself for the game, basically what I might look like if i were a girl.
Well excuuuuuuuusse me, Princess!!!!

User Info: Gogito4

Gogito4
3 years ago#7
Solid Snake is going to LOVE your character! He spends all of his time inside boxes, you know? His father too.
Excited for: MHTri U, Fire Emblem Awakening, FFVSXIII (It will come out... eventually. Right?)
Dissidia 012: Main:Terra Subs:Squall,WoL,Cloud and Kain.

Noni
3 years ago#8
Quote:Solid Snake is going to LOVE your character! He spends all of his time inside boxes, you know? His father too.
@Gogito4
LMAO! You don't know how awesome this statement is.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10

Noni
3 years ago#9
Box is winning by two votes. Keep dem votes coming. Whichever one wins by release date becomes my hunter.

I should make campaign signs.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerGuides 1.10

User Info: dustdusty93

dustdusty93
3 years ago#10
I think its funny that most people struggle with what gender to choose. I always have a hard time with what race I wanna be...
PSN: Persona_Paradox
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Help me decide my 3U character?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived