What is Slime element?

#1realestatemanPosted 3/9/2013 1:44:51 PM
Been hearing a bit about this; not really(or at all) sure what this is.
---
Well, that's okay I guess
B/W FC- 0690 4642 9700
#2WinsagePosted 3/9/2013 1:46:31 PM
It causes a small explosion on the monster. Imagine dropping an SBB on the monster automatically every couple hits.
---
NNid: Windsage
#3it_r_over9000Posted 3/9/2013 1:46:57 PM
Basically its an element that causes explosions and is affected by the bombardier skill.
---
PSN-ponmbr, R3D member
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/f18ftw/ponmbr.png
#4dadkwasherePosted 3/9/2013 1:49:40 PM
Are there any other confirmed weapons with slime besides Kelbi Bow? I like how they added a new element, but hopefully it doesnt get too out of hand.
---
"They never understood you like I did, Snake. You're human, so its only right you go by your real name: David Hayter." *flips table*
#5it_r_over9000Posted 3/9/2013 1:51:55 PM
Don't all Brachydios weapons have it since that's kind of his thing? I don't know for certain I'm just guessing.
---
PSN-ponmbr, R3D member
http://g.bf3stats.com/ps3/f18ftw/ponmbr.png
#6WinsagePosted 3/9/2013 2:03:12 PM
dadkwashere posted...
Are there any other confirmed weapons with slime besides Kelbi Bow? I like how they added a new element, but hopefully it doesnt get too out of hand.

The Brachy weapons have it, and I think a couple other weapons have it as an awaken. The Kelbi bow is unique because you can spam the level 1 spread shot to get a lot of activations, so don't worry too much about the other weapons.

I'm betting on it being the new sleepbombing. An effective strategy for noobs, but still not as good as a skilled player with a specialized set.
---
NNid: Windsage
#7realestateman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2013 2:04:29 PM
Would this affect shells in any way?
---
Well, that's okay I guess
B/W FC- 0690 4642 9700
#8Cross64Posted 3/9/2013 2:11:02 PM
it_r_over9000 posted...
Don't all Brachydios weapons have it since that's kind of his thing? I don't know for certain I'm just guessing.

Yes, all weapon types have a Brachydios line, and all of them have slime element on them (except for the bowguns, which rapid fire/siege mode slime shots, i believe).

Quite a few of the weapon types also have a weapon line that has extremely high raw damage and high slime element that needs to be awakened. Like the uragaan hammer and the diablos lance.

Slime element is far and away the strongest element in the game. There are obviously going to be situations though where other weapons perform better. Like with Hunting Horn, where which songs they'll need is often the deciding factor for what horn they bring in a group.
---
Make your swords become like things unto chainsaws.
#9MrNeRdYPosted 3/9/2013 2:12:21 PM
Just a correction. It's not an "element" it's a rather a "status" like sleep or paralysis. Basically after a certain amount of hits there will be an explosion, same damage type that bombs do. So you can increase that explosive power of the slime by using the bombardier skill.
---
SS FC-0260 2667 1306 Poke Wht FC-3138 7568 8338
#10Mad_MerikPosted 3/9/2013 2:52:31 PM
MrNeRdY posted...
Just a correction. It's not an "element" it's a rather a "status" like sleep or paralysis. Basically after a certain amount of hits there will be an explosion, same damage type that bombs do. So you can increase that explosive power of the slime by using the bombardier skill.

As an addition to this, the skills Element and Status attack up have no effect, only bombardier affects the blast.
---
Monster Hunter I.D. - Ravenous, all versions - UK Hunter -
The Kitty Cart Express - The only way to travel.