Can you play online?

#1Viking_MudcrapPosted 3/16/2013 9:23:49 AM
If not I can assume you can play with lan or whatever using a link cable, right?
---
Salt Cures Everything.
http://i.imgur.com/tGg4ehx.png
#2kintatosPosted 3/16/2013 9:25:47 AM
Too many topics about this. Wheres the sticky when you need one?!

Aside from that, the lan cable your talking about only links up with the WiiU itself. But, it makes no sense in doing so when you have a WiiU.
#3Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 9:28:34 AM
So you cant play online without a WiiU. what the f***?
---
Salt Cures Everything.
#4GloryChaosPosted 3/16/2013 9:28:58 AM
Capcom...
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#5kintatosPosted 3/16/2013 9:31:09 AM
Go Capcom lol. but this isn't new to me at all. MH psp games were not online either.
#6VioletZer0Posted 3/16/2013 9:38:01 AM(edited)
I can bet dollars to doughnuts that this was Nintendo's fault.

Consoles are failing in Japan compared to handhelds. Especially the Wii U. the 3DS version having its online play excised was a move to encourage people to buy a Wii U.

This is also the exact same reason why this game wasn't released on the Wii despite being more than capable enough to play it.

If the 3DS version included online play, the Wii U version wouldn't sell nearly as much.
#7Viking_Mudcrap(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 9:40:37 AM
kintatos posted...
Go Capcom lol. but this isn't new to me at all. MH psp games were not online either.

That is true, but.the PSP is MUCH older than the 3DS, so comparing them.is.kinda silly
---
Salt Cures Everything.
#8GloryChaosPosted 3/16/2013 9:46:32 AM(edited)
That doesn't really make any sense considering Nintendo's first party games as well as many others aren't going that route at all. And MH4 will have online.

And the 3ds version came out before the WiiU existed on market in Japan.
---
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
"Gravity Rush is 1458 Mb the 58 Mb should more then cover the missions/dialog/character models" - Demondog666
#9kintatosPosted 3/16/2013 9:50:06 AM
Viking_Mudcrap posted...
kintatos posted...

That is true, but.the PSP is MUCH older than the 3DS, so comparing them.is.kinda silly

Is it silly?? is it really?? True I know 3DS is more advanced than a simple PSP, but the way i see it, is that Capcom is the ones who want it to stretch out to online play, while the companies don't want to input online play for several motives, excuses, reasons, etc.

"No one wants to code that into the program"
"Our budget can't handle that"
"We cannot pay for two servers to run"
"Hard enough to merge a server to allow 3DS and WiiU"
"The online is free so people shouldn't be complaining"
"The game is beatable without friends"
-A few possible excuses from Nintendo board meetings-
#10DLOArceusPosted 3/16/2013 10:26:18 AM
VioletZer0 posted...
I can bet dollars to doughnuts that this was Nintendo's fault.

Consoles are failing in Japan compared to handhelds. Especially the Wii U. the 3DS version having its online play excised was a move to encourage people to buy a Wii U.

This is also the exact same reason why this game wasn't released on the Wii despite being more than capable enough to play it.

If the 3DS version included online play, the Wii U version wouldn't sell nearly as much.

Yes, "let's not make a game have online so that a console that will come one year later and doesn't exist at the current time will have it, and then let's completely disgregard this line of thought by making MH4 with online".

Genius way of thinking right here.
---
What do i have to do to set the language to English? because my game is in Japanese - joetendo69
3DS: 4983-5126-3707