Best low-level armor set? Plus another thing.

#1TogakureNinjaPosted 3/22/2013 3:41:21 AM
I'm just gearing up for Barroth and figuring that it might make me rage quit. Is building a full suit of Barroth worth it, assuming I'm able? Or should I make a full Alloy suit or something and Armor Sphere the heck out of it?

Also, do charm tables and fishing tables and whatnot matter that much? I didn't check to see what I have and I guess I need to restart if it's not perfect because the game locks me into bad loot forever or something?
#2gnerdusPosted 3/22/2013 3:47:52 AM(edited)
Depends on what weapon you're using. Barroth is a decent lance set.

Charm tables don't matter too much, but if you're on table 12 or 16 it becomes impossible to get rustshards.
#3TogakureNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 3:50:15 AM
Right now I have a gunlance I'm fond of, but I usually do S&S because of the mobility. I don't like the damage. I really like Long Sword though, but I'm too slow with it.

So for now, gunlance. I might do lance though, or hammer if I get bored.
#4gnerdusPosted 3/22/2013 3:52:34 AM(edited)
The same thing that makes it a decent lance set (Guard +1 that's easily gemmed up to Guard +2) also makes it a decent gunlance set.
#5TogakureNinja(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 3:54:48 AM
That's good news. Something to work for. Not sure how I'm going to take down the boss that makes 75% of players quit, but we'll see I guess.
#6euklbPosted 3/22/2013 4:00:54 AM(edited)
TogakureNinja posted...
That's good news. Something to work for. Not sure how I'm going to take down the boss that makes 75% of players quit, but we'll see I guess.

i found him very easy on runs with my switch axe and duel blades

had a full Wroggi armor set

my Duel blades were Jaggid Shotels+ and my switch axe was a Arzuros Axe+

each run took about 7 to 10 mins
---
Will you guys please stop making bass jokes already... Just drop it.
#7The_PupPosted 3/22/2013 4:26:08 AM
Barroth was pretty easy. I was using a Hunting Horn (peco) for the breaks. Biggest annoyance was the mudshake and tailswipe that usually happens at the end of a charge (if the charge misses, the tail doesn't).

Was amusing though. He was sleeping in the mud at the end of the fight. I didn't know where to stand before I hit him... So I yolo'd it and got launched.
#8ShadowglazePosted 3/22/2013 5:22:13 AM
I'm going for the Barroth armor right now. If you make a set of rhenoplos armor you won't become a ball of dirt when he shakes it off(not sure what the technical term is). It's real easy to make.
#9AkaimizuPosted 3/22/2013 5:31:42 AM(edited)
Barroth looks scary, but he's actually a fairly easy fight. It's basically about watching his attacks, the mud shake, and denying his ability to cake mud over himself so that it dries and gives him extra body armor. When he's low on mud, his entire body (sans head) is squishy and vulnerable. Key way to shorten the fight is when he zones back to the mud pit, jump on him without delay to force him to fight you and he won't "mud up".

His mud shake is both a blessing and a curse. A double-edged sword. He does that attack at the cost of giving up more mud body armor. It's also short ranged. Those with long reaching slow weapons may still be able to attack from around the back of him for about two swings and then immediately roll cancel out of range.

Lances are pretty good to use with him, if you're still learning. Green sharpness weapons will help, but for a number of people, that often means they need to farm some of the other lower-end monsters to obtain the green sharpness weapons. Still, green heavy weapons immediately raise up the ability to break the Barroth's crown which is highly satisfying.

All in all, Barroth not a bad hunt, he's actually easier than many Peco hunts (given a lot of Peco hunts end up being incredibly annoying when Rathian summons start going off like clockwork. Plus Peco often has a rather small window to his head without hitting the tough claws and frontal wings instead. Something yellow-sharpness weapons often bounce off of. )
---
"because 'Clerks' is NINJA in itself." - Ninja Mask lessons by Vern Reid (http://houseofninja.com/tutorial.php)
#10DogscratchPosted 3/22/2013 5:42:19 AM
TogakureNinja posted...
I'm just gearing up for Barroth and figuring that it might make me rage quit. Is building a full suit of Barroth worth it, assuming I'm able? Or should I make a full Alloy suit or something and Armor Sphere the heck out of it?

Also, do charm tables and fishing tables and whatnot matter that much? I didn't check to see what I have and I guess I need to restart if it's not perfect because the game locks me into bad loot forever or something?

Barroth is a reasonable set.

Trick is the learning curve for him is pretty short, I havn't been carted by him yet, but very first fight I used 3 first aid meds and 4-5 potions. The perk with a short learning curve, is that it doesn't take very long till you are killing him without getting hit. Last night had 3-4 kills on him without getting hit at all.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding