The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This Ceadeus...

#1Mariofan_101Posted 3/22/2013 2:39:21 PM
Is really making me hate this game. First time I fought him I didn't make it to area 3, did some research found out to lance him. Second run I swam along with him for 15 minutes poking his beard. Finally reaching area 3, I manage to break one of his horns, hit him with the dragonator, and died 2 times. I figured it would be like Lao where time runs out and you win. I've wasted an hour and a half on this stupid monster and got nothing.

At least Lao was fun to fight and hammer the crap out of his belly and you can easily roll along with him. Not to mention Laos epic battle music in the final area compared to this ones with women screaming at me while I try to swim around.

Been hooked on this game since it came out, now I feel like taking a break. Stupid Ceadeus.

>_>
---
Gamertag: ShoRt MiKe x
Pokemon White FC: 3225-1741-6915
#2sesshomaru_55Posted 3/22/2013 2:42:24 PM(edited)
What I did-

Lagiacrus lance, not upgraded at all. Full Rathalos armor

-Poked at his beard till it broke
-Final area, dragonator him immediately
-Gather Ballista ammo and shoot his horns YOU MUST BREAK HIS HORN
-Poked him till Dragonator can be used again
-Repelled with 2:30 left on clock.
---
PSN - Tack06
Gamertag - Tack06
#3Mariofan_101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 2:57:12 PM
I'm using Rampart Lance and full Barroth armor with the auto guard talisman. I may try your set but right now I don't even feel like trying =\
---
#4dadkwasherePosted 3/22/2013 3:02:19 PM
I forgot exactly how I fought him in tri (havent reached the quest in MH3U yet)

But I used a dragon switch axe, dragonator, and if plausible the ballista. I ususlly kept nesr his beard. Sorry I couldnt be more of help, its been a year since I played tri.
---
"They never understood you like I did, Snake. You're human, so its only right you go by your real name: David Hayter." *flips table*
#5AldathPosted 3/22/2013 3:08:14 PM
You won't beat him using only weapons.

Hurt him till' you get to final area, then grab every ballista ammo you can, blast his horns, drag him to dragonator, and enjoy the final cutscene.
---
"imagine if Metallica got together with the Power Rangers and the coolest kids in school and had a party in your mouth, and you were invited" THE_WIND
#6Hydra_Gundam_Posted 3/22/2013 3:32:44 PM
The dragonator helped. I beat him with 4 seconds left.
---
Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space
#7MarioBro24Posted 3/22/2013 4:56:19 PM(edited)
I'm using the baltzengar lance you get from the dlc quest on him. I don't know how long it took you to break his beard, but I broke it before he got 3/4 of the way through area one. This causes him to speed up to the final area so you have more time to break his horn.

Edit1:Yeah, we made it to the final area before the second tick*

Edit2: Just repelled him with 20 minutes left on the clock.

Definitely give this lance a go and be sure to use dragonator and ballistas.
#8Mariofan_101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 5:05:49 PM
MarioBro24 posted...
I'm using the baltzengar lance you get from the dlc quest on him. I don't know how long it took you to break his beard, but I broke it before he got 3/4 of the way through area one. This causes him to speed up to the final area so you have more time to break his horn.

Edit1:Yeah, we made it to the final area before the second tick*

Edit2: Just repelled him with 20 minutes left on the clock.

Definitely give this lance a go and be sure to use dragonator and ballistas.

I'll rethink my strategy an try this method. Maybe the time it takes to get the bullfango heads I'll be ready to go.
---
#9POSEIDON_85Posted 3/22/2013 5:16:32 PM
i just repelled him with 8:39 left on the clock. broke all his body parts.
the gear i used:

frozen core hammer and the wroggi full set.
---
MHFU Hr:9 - MHP3 Hr:6 - MH Tri Hr:999
Hammer and Great Sword Pro.
#10Mariofan_101(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 6:29:57 PM
Is it easier to get bullfango heads with the event quest or the slay 20 bullfangos in HR2?
---