Flintstone from qurupeco

#1HerbalPleasurePosted 3/23/2013 8:57:07 AM
I destroy his flint everytime and went through 6 end mission reward screens and no damnable flintstone.

Any tips?

Are they also available to mine in the volcano area?
#2MaliciousHeartPosted 3/23/2013 8:59:16 AM
Flintstones are only from Quropeco when you break his... flintstones. Just have to be lucky. Capturing gives you more rewards which give you a better chance of getting Flintstones since Flintstones are only from the reward screen and not from carving.

The volcano ones are Firestones.
#3HerbalPleasure(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:02:18 AM
MaliciousHeart posted...
Flintstones are only from Quropeco when you break his... flintstones. Just have to be lucky. Capturing gives you more rewards which give you a better chance of getting Flintstones since Flintstones are only from the reward screen and not from carving.

The volcano ones are Firestones.

I assumed they were only from qurupeco flint but I had to ask. The 6 missions I did were the capture qurupeco mission, I have always destroyed both flints and no reward.

Am I just unlucky as hell?
#4MaliciousHeartPosted 3/23/2013 9:06:10 AM
Random %. Probably unlucky. With Quropeco I never had problems with getting beaks or flintstones. But that damn feather... Its all luck based.

Nothing is 100% in monster hunter, not even dung gathering points. Cause sometimes you get bone husks.
#5HerbalPleasure(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 9:09:20 AM
I have so many feathers from qurupeco lol.

It seems your right, nothing is set in stone.
#6devilschain30Posted 3/23/2013 9:11:00 AM
HerbalPleasure posted...
I have so many feathers from qurupeco lol.

It seems your right, nothing is set in stone.

Just wait. MH seems to know what you want and doesn't want to give it to you. say if you need 2 flintstones. you'll get one from like 4 quests. then six from the last one you do. happens with me allll the time. You get items when you don't need them. That's why you never sell your stuff.
---
GT: Gods pudding
Pokemon B/W 2 FC: 3783-8619-6565
#7HerbalPleasure(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:07:38 AM
Just captured qurupeco ten times and no flint.... broke both flints everytime.

I'm getting a little pissed off...
#8UkichiTachibanaPosted 3/23/2013 10:15:09 AM
same problem bro, no flint stone but a crap load of feathers.
#9HerbalPleasure(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:30:27 AM
After 12 successful capture hunts of destroying qurupeco's flints...

I FINALLY HAVE 1 GODDAMN FLINTSTONE!
#10ghier1Posted 3/27/2013 10:26:44 PM
according to the guide capturing gives 20% chance and if you break his flintstone it adds 50%. If the guide is correct you cant carve it at all. I just went out and broke both flints and got 2 flintstone in the rewards.