How to get Monster Bone L?

#1SmolderinPosted 3/23/2013 8:18:17 PM
I need to find one more to complete my full set of Barroth armor, but I for the life of me cannot find another one. I have killed Barroth 5 times, and captured him 2 times with no sign of that elusive bone. I wanted to have it so I could move on to Gobul but I said screw it and fought Gobul anyways since I here that he can drop Monster Bone L's as well, but he isn't dropping them either.

How can I get just 1 Monster Bone L relatively quick?
#2Mean_BeaniePosted 3/23/2013 8:34:18 PM
It's not that great of a solution (you might not even be able to do it at that point in the game), but sending the fishing boats out to the Distant Isle can sometimes land you a Monster Bone L or two. It's pretty much as much of a crapshoot as killing/capturing Barroth/Gobul over and over again for MBL, but at least the latter method gets you materials and zenny.
---
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8360/umud.png
#3Raganork10Posted 3/23/2013 8:37:14 PM
Barroth is the fastest way to get them. Kill him and you should have a decent chance of getting one as a quest reward. Not sure about capturing, but I've gotten a few off of him by killing him.
#4Smolderin(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 8:57:03 PM
Raganork10 posted...
Barroth is the fastest way to get them. Kill him and you should have a decent chance of getting one as a quest reward. Not sure about capturing, but I've gotten a few off of him by killing him.

Alright, thanks...I guess I'll just keep farming the living crap out of him till I get lucky.
#5UmiKaruPosted 3/23/2013 9:21:38 PM
I get L monster bones in harvest tour tundra and gather from the bone spots in the caves.
#6ZerekrielPosted 3/23/2013 9:31:45 PM
UmiKaru posted...
I get L monster bones in harvest tour tundra and gather from the bone spots in the caves.

Impossible.
---
Shine on, embrace and deny me. Turn on, Wheel of Time.
Shine on, you've burnt me, now guide me. Weave on, Wheel of Time.
#7UmiKaruPosted 3/23/2013 9:54:42 PM
sorry, i meant to say the online quest hunt for lambodi in the tundra. i couldnt kill it so i ended up just turning it into a gathering event.