Switch Axe

#1link55588Posted 3/27/2013 10:04:35 AM
Hey i just gotten into the 6* quests at the village. I feel like trying out the switch axe. I have enough of everything for the Ceadous SA but im wondering if thats a good one or if i should upgrade something else. Also whats a good armor set?
---
heart gold: name:chris fc:3223 7823 0217
White, name chris, FC: 3611 0421 4466
#2dadkwasherePosted 3/27/2013 10:07:43 AM
Yes! Get it!
The switch axe is an amazing weapon, and also my favorite.
---
"They never understood you like I did, Snake. You're human, so its only right you go by your real name: David Hayter." *flips table*
#3JoJoX200Posted 3/27/2013 10:13:03 AM
Inceadeus is one of the best switch axes to get. As for armors, I like using Wroggi Armor for Razor Sharp, but Lagiacrus Armor is likely the best choice with Focus(loads your sword gauge faster) and Weakness Exploit(the axe can reach almost all weak spots on monsters easily.)
#4link55588(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:15:34 AM
ohh sounds good, my only hold back is that i need one more crooked horn from a ceadous for the GS:\ hard decision, but i need new armor first. Been playing with barroth stuff since the 3* quests haha
---
heart gold: name:chris fc:3223 7823 0217
White, name chris, FC: 3611 0421 4466
#5dadkwasherePosted 3/27/2013 10:42:52 AM
link55588 posted...
ohh sounds good, my only hold back is that i need one more crooked horn from a ceadous for the GS:\ hard decision, but i need new armor first. Been playing with barroth stuff since the 3* quests haha

Barroth weaponry is great, but the negative affinity is is a, huge downside. Its good to experiment on new weaponry and remember you can go online to check monster weaknesses and adjust accordingly.
---
"They never understood you like I did, Snake. You're human, so its only right you go by your real name: David Hayter." *flips table*
#6Bryanneo1Posted 3/27/2013 10:58:33 AM
JoJoX200 posted...
Inceadeus is one of the best switch axes to get. As for armors, I like using Wroggi Armor for Razor Sharp, but Lagiacrus Armor is likely the best choice with Focus(loads your sword gauge faster) and Weakness Exploit(the axe can reach almost all weak spots on monsters easily.)

Truthfully focus doesn't help that much and if you really want to stay in sword mode you can always reload lol. Attack up is very nice instead.
#7Lacrymosa143Posted 3/27/2013 11:01:39 AM
I heard evasion distance is good for switch axe
#8JoJoX200Posted 3/27/2013 11:06:35 AM
Bryanneo1 posted...
JoJoX200 posted...

Truthfully focus doesn't help that much and if you really want to stay in sword mode you can always reload lol. Attack up is very nice instead.

Reloading is an additional animation you have to time for not getting hit, so avoiding that altogether is a good thing. When I use SA, I use axe mode until a good opening for Sword mode comes, slash away and do a morph slash back to axe when the gauge gets low. Then use axe mode until the gauge has refilled. And this is where focus shortens the time(tough I'm sure that's obvious). Basically, never let the sword transform back by itself.
#9Bryanneo1Posted 3/27/2013 11:10:01 AM
JoJoX200 posted...
Bryanneo1 posted...
JoJoX200 posted...

Reloading is an additional animation you have to time for not getting hit, so avoiding that altogether is a good thing. When I use SA, I use axe mode until a good opening for Sword mode comes, slash away and do a morph slash back to axe when the gauge gets low. Then use axe mode until the gauge has refilled. And this is where focus shortens the time(tough I'm sure that's obvious). Basically, never let the sword transform back by itself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHFcTI1VW2I&feature=youtu.be&t=19m29s

Again it doesn't seem very worth it in my eyes, but more power to you if you can gem it/already have it in a set.
#10ZerekrielPosted 3/27/2013 11:32:34 AM
Lacrymosa143 posted...
I heard evasion distance is good for switch axe

It is, because there is a lot of sidestepping involved when you're using a Switch Axe, and Evade Distance Up will help keep you out of danger of being counterattacked.
---
Shine on, embrace and deny me. Turn on, Wheel of Time.
Shine on, you've burnt me, now guide me. Weave on, Wheel of Time.