What happened to Cha Cha?

#1cabcalloway1983Posted 3/27/2013 7:58:45 PM
Finished doing a quest and talked to Cha Cha because he had a blue text bubble over his head,now when i enter a quest he is not there and i can not find him around the village to talk to.
#2Mean_BeaniePosted 3/27/2013 8:00:43 PM
Did you just complete the Lagiacrus quest? If so, he is supposed to be gone. You'll get him back later once you do some more quests.
---
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8360/umud.png
#3cabcalloway1983(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 8:01:21 PM
Mean_Beanie posted...
Did you just complete the Lagiacrus quest? If so, he is supposed to be gone. You'll get him back later once you do some more quests.

Yeah i did lol.Thanks for the reply.
#4furygodsPosted 3/27/2013 8:59:21 PM
To advance in the story you should do the

Lagiacrus Capturing Quest, which unlocks the other Shakalaka companion urgent quest. Then do the Volvidon quest and Cha-Cha should be back to give you the good news and create the Ancient Mask by talking to Junior and giving the materials he needs to continue the story.

Defeat the Rathalos and Barioth Quests to further advance in the story

---
Playing someone who kills people in a video game = Murderer?
Playing a Loli in a video game = Pedo? I don't think so.
#5PaukenPosted 3/27/2013 9:15:43 PM
furygods posted...

Lagiacrus Capturing Quest, which unlocks the other Shakalaka companion urgent quest. Then do the Volvidon quest and Cha-Cha should be back to give you the good news and create the Ancient Mask by talking to Junior and giving the materials he needs to continue the story.

#%$*ing Lagiacrus capture quest. How the hell are you supposed to beat that #%*$ing leviathan without Cha Cha, and without resorting to clearing the online quests for massively overgearing it? He's too fast in the water, and getting him onto land is damn near impossible within the time limit. It's to the point that I wonder what the hell Capcom was thinking by making this quest MANDATORY >_< it's Super Mario Sunshine all over again, since that game was also plagued with gigantic #%*+ing difficulty spikes in certain mandatory missions that made it nearly impossible to beat the game :/ That and a camera that hates your guts.

Screw MH3U for now, I'm going back to Portable 3rd. At least that game doesn't put a boss like Lagiacrus in a tiny area with awful underwater/ground controls :/
#6blazerMFTPosted 3/27/2013 9:30:43 PM
Pauken posted...
furygods posted...

#%$*ing Lagiacrus capture quest. How the hell are you supposed to beat that #%*$ing leviathan without Cha Cha, and without resorting to clearing the online quests for massively overgearing it? He's too fast in the water, and getting him onto land is damn near impossible within the time limit. It's to the point that I wonder what the hell Capcom was thinking by making this quest MANDATORY >_< it's Super Mario Sunshine all over again, since that game was also plagued with gigantic #%*+ing difficulty spikes in certain mandatory missions that made it nearly impossible to beat the game :/ That and a camera that hates your guts.

Screw MH3U for now, I'm going back to Portable 3rd. At least that game doesn't put a boss like Lagiacrus in a tiny area with awful underwater/ground controls :/

Whoa slow down dude.

I may not be able to help with the camera, it's something you will need to get a hang of on your own. But for Lagi, I suggest lancing.

I find the trick with him is staying close to him, as dangerous as that sounds, because most of his moves can be avoided pretty easily by backhopping (and with a lance, you can do that 3 times in succession to clear a big gap in a short time). If you can't get a hang of when to avoid, block. That's what the lance/gunlance classes do better than the rest of the weapon classes.

Go for the head if you can, using forward stabs for the meantime. You can start using upstabs when you get a hang of the distance. Center your camera before you stab. If you do this, anything in the center of the screen will be hit (duh).

Going for the head usually "tires" him out, forcing him on land, to which he is at your mercy.

Rinse and repeat until he limps, then capture.

Hope that helped.
---
Member of CMWABME
Awesomeness Redefined
#7cimoaPosted 3/27/2013 9:41:27 PM
i'm using bow, and some tips for bow user, always, ALWAYS dodge to the left when facing him, almost all of his attacks won't hit you if your dodge timing is right..

and for some reason, destroying his chest and horns are easier with a bow, because of the manual aiming
---
PSN ID : Felenir
3DS FC : 1779-0008-4495
#8capgamerPosted 3/27/2013 9:43:59 PM
Apparently you don't actually need to do the capture quest. You can do ANY quest and then Cha Cha will come back. That's what another dude on here said at least.
---
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown
#9PaukenPosted 3/27/2013 9:55:07 PM
capgamer posted...
Apparently you don't actually need to do the capture quest. You can do ANY quest and then Cha Cha will come back. That's what another dude on here said at least.

Does Cha Cha coming back trigger the next bunch of quests too? Cause if so, YAY. I'll go kick Barroth's ass then, as I need a whole bunch of Fertile Mud for the final field upgrade.
#10MarkyD7Posted 3/28/2013 12:21:12 AM
Pauken posted...
capgamer posted...

Does Cha Cha coming back trigger the next bunch of quests too? Cause if so, YAY. I'll go kick Barroth's ass then, as I need a whole bunch of Fertile Mud for the final field upgrade.

I think it has to be one of the 5 star quests...and powder stones suck....