Majestic Horn

#1Seifross2010Posted 3/30/2013 1:19:46 PM
Hey all,

Been farming the majestic horn from 5* offline Diablos for a while now and the low(ish) drop rate's getting to me. I'm aware that the drop rate increases a huge amount as you get to higher ranks, but I needed the armour upgrade and thought the Diablos set looked good, so here we are.
What I'm wondering is if there's a skill somewhere that'll help me get the horn, or really anything I can do to improve my chances. At the moment I'm breaking both horns and capturing it to end the quest.

Cheers
#2KushalaFriendPosted 3/30/2013 1:33:43 PM
Use Sonic bombs when he buries and isn't in rage mode and go all out on his head then capture him, aside from that you just have to be patient.
---
http://i.imgur.com/TRbMB.jpg
Typical quest with a Pr0 Hunter
#3FafnirPosted 3/30/2013 1:38:03 PM(edited)
I gave up after 18 hours of constant Diablos hunting with no horn. Have fun.
---
Gamefaqs mods are fair and knowledgable. Failure to accept this fact will result in immediate suspension with no review.
#4Seifross2010(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:59:34 PM
Thanks, that inspired some hope :( Does it still drop from LR Diablos in Ultimate? Also, there's no way to end via subquest or something similar any more, is there?
#5Seifross2010(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 2:23:48 PM
Just got one, woo! That was awful. Thanks for the help, ended up breaking the horns and capturing it again.