Gigginox... not so easy?

#1andrewdownsPosted 3/30/2013 3:44:27 PM
About 25 hours in, and equipped with G Wroggi armor, and Ludroth Slicers. I had a ton of trouble with this one. Is hooking head attack (where he chomps left and right) seemed near impossible to dodge because he stretches so much.

He also doesn't seem to leave as large of openings as other monsters, making it hard to get demon mode fully charged easily.

Maybe this is one where GS will be easier. (I've been using both). That'd give me some more range anyway...
---
XBL Gamertag: AndrewDowns
#2KeldonisPosted 3/30/2013 3:53:56 PM
DS work just fine against nox, you just need be more aware of his attack patterns. You can still spam demon dance to an extent, but you have to know when and where. I can't really explain how to do it, but I can kill him and baleful in about 5-7 minutes, using the DS.

Longer reach weapons like the GS would have the advantage in most cases, however. You don't have to be so up close and personal, like you do with the DS.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#3Tzuba12Posted 3/30/2013 3:56:09 PM(edited)
It seems he was also debuffed from Tri. I remember HATING fighting it in Tri, but had no trouble here. He used to do poison body slams, and he would hang from the ceiling and catch you in his mouth, pin you down, and suck your health away.

Use fire Dual Blades, and attack like crazy. Get his belly and his head (his tail when in rage mode). Bring a few traps, wait until he's low on stamina, and trap him and wail on him with the blades.
---
3DS: 0146-8850-9059
Steam: Tzuba
#4truefirechampPosted 3/30/2013 3:55:24 PM
do you have a fire ds? he is more weak to that i think.
---
PSN(s): Varuna_JP, Varuna_ACW
#5DannyDMFPosted 3/30/2013 4:00:34 PM
Yeah, I main in DS and I had trouble when I first fought him too. Is it your first time fighting him? Because as you fight the monsters more and more, you tend to learn when to dodge and become really good at fighting them. Like, I was really scared about having to farm him to upgrade my poison DS but the second time I fought him was much easier than the first. It just gets easier and easier the more you go at it. Weapons don't really matter that much; they all seem pretty balanced.
---
I made a signature :o
#6Boomer_KuwangaPosted 3/30/2013 4:08:22 PM
Tzuba12 posted...
It seems he was also debuffed from Tri. I remember HATING fighting it in Tri, but had no trouble here. He used to do poison body slams, and he would hang from the ceiling and catch you in his mouth, pin you down, and suck your health away.

He still does all those things. He definitely has more hp as well. I think you just leveled up your Gigginox killing skill, and now he seems easier.
---
"It was really great, stealing zombie Jesus's legendary Horse Wiener."
#7toxicpiePosted 3/30/2013 4:09:35 PM
I feel your pain, TC. I'm a Dual user, too, and second time I used the Insecticutters because it's secondary weakness is Dragon. Wroggi is good though, as you don't have to worry about poison damage.
Good luck!
---
Proud Catholic supporter of equal marriage and peace, love and tolerance between all non-believers, denominations and religions. =} =] =) =D
#8ArtellPosted 3/30/2013 4:14:33 PM
I'll take him any day over his subspecies.
Poison < Paralysis
Though to be honest those AOE status effects and the occasional ceiling addiction are the only annoying things about Giggi, but relatively easy to avoid or fix.
#9andrewdowns(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 5:38:44 PM
Yeah, I'm sure more practice will help. It was my first time, and I think I need to just be a bit more patient killing him until I learn his patterns better.

I also think I need to start making some more DS. I just have the one right now. I've been too busy farming Wroggi for the King's Beak. I've had horrible luck with that. Probably killed him 20 times and I have 3/4 that I need, lol.
---
XBL Gamertag: AndrewDowns
#10SIrcactusPosted 3/30/2013 5:42:48 PM
He is soooo difficult in G rank. Not only does he have the giggi spawn thing attached to his back, but poison does ridiculous damage now. I recommend getting earplugs when you fight him in G rank since he still seems to roar every 5 seconds lol