How many characters do you have?

#1RayKnightPosted 3/31/2013 12:56:06 AM
Currently cause I started, 2...one for experiment and one for a more slightly "professional" playing.
---
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR
#2FujibayashiSuzuPosted 3/31/2013 12:58:21 AM
Just one. Though, I really should see which charm table I have...
#3__Fiale__Posted 3/31/2013 1:38:07 AM
I've never really understood doing this with Monster Hunter.

Your character can do everything, do all quests, equip all equipment (unless it's sex specific), so other than having a different character of different sex (which makes near to no difference), or having a character with a slightly different face (which you hardly see), i just dont "get" doing it with this series.
---
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Skies of Arcadia
#4RayKnight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 2:29:30 AM
Get doing it as in getting more than 1 character? I don't "get" you either because it was kinda ambiguous...
---
I didn't kill him. He seemed like a pretty decent guy.
But I did shoot him in the testicles.
- enjoi_number8 on AF, RDR
#5NhazPosted 3/31/2013 2:51:10 AM
I have thousands of hours across the monster hunter series, and only saw reason for 1 character per game. The only reason I could see you wanting a 2nd character is because you want to see what the other sex/male or female armor looks like? And maybe play with it? But, I'd rather just youtube the armor styles instead of spending hundreds more hours gaining them for a chick character I'd never want to play.

On a side note: I'm a dude, I want to play the Hero, not the Princess. Never understood why a dude would want to role play as a woman instead of a man. I never buy the "oh it's better to look at" garbage. Lame excuse for some type of weirdo.
---
Zetabrand
#6xHowlxPosted 3/31/2013 2:55:11 AM
Nhaz posted...
I have thousands of hours across the monster hunter series, and only saw reason for 1 character per game. The only reason I could see you wanting a 2nd character is because you want to see what the other sex/male or female armor looks like? And maybe play with it? But, I'd rather just youtube the armor styles instead of spending hundreds more hours gaining them for a chick character I'd never want to play.

On a side note: I'm a dude, I want to play the Hero, not the Princess. Never understood why a dude would want to role play as a woman instead of a man. I never buy the "oh it's better to look at" garbage. Lame excuse for some type of weirdo.

No such thing as a lady hero?
If it's a role playing game, then it's implied that one may "role play" which ever sex, regardless of irl gender.
---
I hath shiny-shiny, I make weapons shiny.
#7KoitePosted 3/31/2013 3:02:46 AM
I just use the other slots to try out other weapons because usually the mats I'd use for those weapons could be used for equipment that better suits the current style I'm trying to main on on that specific save.
---
Black 2 FC: 0090 1777 4800
#8Soul_Of_MillerPosted 3/31/2013 3:05:46 AM
Nhaz posted...

Completely agree.

As for the other guy talking about Heroines, I hope you really enjoy the Twilight series, as well as all the Disney princess movies.
---
GFaqs mods are like mall cops. No real authority, but just as useless.
#9kopo007Posted 3/31/2013 3:14:49 AM
I created two character, male character as my main and female character to collection armor all over again.
#10FularisPosted 3/31/2013 3:34:12 AM
I usually create many characters over time when I play MH games. My reason is that I usually will pick one weapon type to be the primary weapon of that character and I do the entire game from beginning to end using that only that weapon.

Basically I like the challenge of not switching even when the weapon v. monster comp is terrible. Right now I am going Switch Axe only. Very easy to do, as its the most versatile weapon in the game. My next character is probably going to either do Lance or Sword and Shield only.

I like this way because I get to feel the progression with the weapon types. Instead of blowing through the game and going back and using a new weapon after I have already made optimal armor and upgrades, I have to face every challenge with a weapon with the armor and gear that is available the moment a new monster comes up in the quests.

The only time I break this rule a little is with ranged weapons. I will use make some long swords or great swords for tail farming.
---
If rat tails and mini medals are what you consider epic loot then lets talk.