Large Wyvern Stone

#1SIrcactusPosted 3/31/2013 10:14:13 PM
I've killed G rank barroth 13 times and haven't got one yet. Do other monsters have better drops for it?
#2SatyrangeluzPosted 3/31/2013 10:22:27 PM
I had the same problem until i did the 3 barioth quest with Pirate J armor, broke all parts, cutted tail and captured the 3 and presto, 2 Large Wyvern stones from tails and 5 from rewards. I recommend you that quest, and bariots are HP cutted so its easy. Good Luck.
#3SatyrangeluzPosted 3/31/2013 10:28:42 PM
Satyrangeluz posted...
I had the same problem until i did the 3 barioth quest with Pirate J armor, broke all parts, cutted tail and captured the 3 and presto, 2 Large Wyvern stones from tails and 5 from rewards. I recommend you that quest, and bariots are HP cutted so its easy. Good Luck.

Btw, Pirate J gives 1 extra carve from tails, Good Luck and Capture Master, IDK if american release has a similar set.
#4SIrcactus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:28:58 PM
Satyrangeluz posted...

That sounds great, is it HR6? And do I have to do the quest where I kill the single barioth before I unlock the one where I can kill 3?
#5SatyrangeluzPosted 3/31/2013 10:31:17 PM
SIrcactus posted...
Satyrangeluz posted...

That sounds great, is it HR6? And do I have to do the quest where I kill the single barioth before I unlock the one where I can kill 3?

Yes, you need to unlock advanced quests, its a random one. Just clear your keyquests and advanced quests will show up. The 3 Duramboros is another one but takes too long.
#6SIrcactus(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2013 10:33:33 PM
Satyrangeluz posted...
SIrcactus posted...
Satyrangeluz posted...

Yes, you need to unlock advanced quests, its a random one. Just clear your keyquests and advanced quests will show up. The 3 Duramboros is another one but takes too long.

Already cleared the key quests. I'm on HR7. I'll just go kill the HR6 Barioth and see if it shows up after that. Thanks again.
#7SIrcactus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 12:43:24 AM
Bump

I have done the three barioth quest twice and still haven't got any large wyvern stones. Do you guys have any suggestions?
#8SatyrangeluzPosted 4/1/2013 12:44:59 AM
SIrcactus posted...
Bump

I have done the three barioth quest twice and still haven't got any large wyvern stones. Do you guys have any suggestions?

Just continue doing it, belive me is the faster way, or farming pecco, but he will call a deviljho
#9GeistT4Posted 4/1/2013 12:48:14 AM
sometimes hunting another monster with the one you are after has good results, also if you see a food skill called lucky cat, aim for that, it can increase the amount of stuff you get after a quest. not to be confused with crazy lucky cat, that increases zenny.
---
Monster hunter name: Reno, code:G3H928, hr 66
i wanna form the vagnis rangers.
#10SIrcactus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/1/2013 12:48:47 AM
Satyrangeluz posted...
SIrcactus posted...
Bump

Just continue doing it, belive me is the faster way, or farming pecco, but he will call a deviljho

Okay, I'll keep doing it. What was the skill that gives me two tail carves?