best weapon to fight ceadeus?

#1YnaraPosted 4/2/2013 8:44:41 AM
im gonna be fighting him later after work and i already no that electric is his weakness, im a lance but i think im gonna be having a hardtime figthing him with that weapon so can you guys suggest whats the best weapon to use when fighting this monster?
---
When all else fails, eject then ejaculate.
#2UneePosted 4/2/2013 8:46:12 AM
My first time fighting him was with a SnS...that was a huge mistake...still repelled him, but with 2 minutes or so left. I any weapon with some range will work, GS LS. Lance would work too I believe.
---
Xbox live GT: Racian
#3gnerdusPosted 4/2/2013 8:46:13 AM
Lance is great against him.
#4CedicusPosted 4/2/2013 8:47:32 AM
Lance users unite! I highly recommend using Arcus Lance(Made from Lagiacrus) and Undertaker(Found by mining nodes in the Volcano).
---
PSN/Vita: Cedicus
3DS FC: 2707-1599-6445
#5CrazyFerretXPosted 4/2/2013 8:47:48 AM
The Wyvern Blade "Fire" Long sword was the literal best/easiest to fight him with in tri, i beat him about a week ago with it. Dominated him with it
#6Ynara(Topic Creator)Posted 4/2/2013 8:52:30 AM
ok then im gonna be using my lance then, currently my only lance is my rampart so im gonna be farming lagi later :)
---
When all else fails, eject then ejaculate.
#7DscharizardPosted 4/2/2013 8:53:22 AM
I really don't like using longsword often, but it was so good against him in Tri. I haven't got to him yet in this one, and I don't have a longsword ready, but I'm probably going to get it just to fight him.
---
Just because I'm cute and have a pom-pom doesn't mean I can't kill you, kupo!!
PSN: RUKARIO_
#8CedicusPosted 4/2/2013 8:53:26 AM
Ynara posted...
ok then im gonna be using my lance then, currently my only lance is my rampart so im gonna be farming lagi later :)

Go get 'em!
---
PSN/Vita: Cedicus
3DS FC: 2707-1599-6445
#9DogscratchPosted 4/2/2013 9:12:48 AM(edited)
Lance made him rather easy, can block a lot of his movements/attacks, and just normal lance attacks work great. I use LS 99.9999% of the time, but for some fights (any underwater/Lagi/Diablos/Agnaktor) Lance just trivializes things.

I use the Undertaker lance (Dragon element, from Rustshard low rank volcano run) and I don't think I had to use a potion the entire fight, both Undertaker and Lagi lance seem to perform very similar on him, with an edge to Undertaker for much longer green sharpness bar.

Generally the standard combo attack with a side step towards center mass keeps you up with him during the movement phases, charge helps with catching up as well. And just doing the lance thing (with obligatory dragonator attack) seemed to do the job quite well when he is in area 3.

Repelled with 10 minutes or so left on my very first time ever fighting him just doing the standard lance routine with all breakable parts (minus second horn - is that even breakable on first repel?) broken.

edit: I must be on crack.. coulda sworn I saw 10 minutes flash then he seemed to disappear and take off shortly after that was on my screen... guess time flashed by faster than I expected.
---
Machine meat and Blood in an intimate relationship
The new superior more effective then all the preceding
#10YaminoSeigiPosted 4/2/2013 9:05:25 AM
Just wonder if you can repel Ceadeus under 30 Minutes after its urgent? because it took me 30 minutes to repel this guy all the time.
---
Diamond FC: 4084 3079 3520
Soul Silver FC: 0433 5937 0803