Sharqskin

#1SIrcactusPosted 4/3/2013 11:26:01 AM
I've been trying to get it from area 11 in moga woods from the sharqs, but it doesn't seem to be a very common carve. Anyways, is there a better place to farm this? I'm getting really sick of having to wait for them to respawn only to find that I'm getting more raw meat, sharpened fangs, and immunizers.

Thanks
#2dragonsamusPosted 4/3/2013 11:29:13 AM
I needed one for a village request so I did the quest where you look for red coral stones. I killed a whole bunch of sharks and didn't get any skin from carving. But when I turned in the stones and competed the quest there was one sharqskin as a reward. Try doing that to see if it'll work for you.
#3rpgfan4Posted 4/3/2013 11:31:28 AM
Are you killing with your weapon then carving or using the harpoon?

anyway, hit it once/a few times then finish it with the harpoon. Seems to work for me, and I also had more respawns in the Red Coral quest.
---
Can we have class outside?
#4agentpheonixPosted 4/3/2013 11:31:54 AM
That's the best place to get them, is area 11.

Make sure you're using a fishing harpoon. It's a 22% carve rate.
---
GT: Red Undead Now Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, pretty much forever
http://m-102.minus.com/ipPaN0GZBXpqY.gif
#5SIrcactus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 11:35:26 AM
dragonsamus posted...
I needed one for a village request so I did the quest where you look for red coral stones. I killed a whole bunch of sharks and didn't get any skin from carving. But when I turned in the stones and competed the quest there was one sharqskin as a reward. Try doing that to see if it'll work for you.

Okay, I'll give that a try. Thank you.

Probably a stupid question, but where do I find the coral stones?
#6SIrcactus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 11:36:15 AM
rpgfan4 posted...
Are you killing with your weapon then carving or using the harpoon?

anyway, hit it once/a few times then finish it with the harpoon. Seems to work for me, and I also had more respawns in the Red Coral quest.

I know how to carve them lol I guess I'm just having really bad luck.
#7SIrcactus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 11:37:53 AM
Nvm about the stones. Just found them.
#8dragonsamusPosted 4/3/2013 11:42:52 AM
The coral stones are found at the bottom of area 10 and 11. They're really easy to get. Focus on killing the sharks. Hurt them first then use the harpoon to kill them. When you get board, finish the quest by delivering the stones and hopefully you get one as a reward. Good luck.
#9SIrcactus(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2013 11:49:32 AM
dragonsamus posted...
The coral stones are found at the bottom of area 10 and 11. They're really easy to get. Focus on killing the sharks. Hurt them first then use the harpoon to kill them. When you get board, finish the quest by delivering the stones and hopefully you get one as a reward. Good luck.

Carved about 10, got 1 sharqskin. Unfortunately didn't get any skins after completing the quest.