How to get UltraLuckyCat or FelyneCarver (Hi) to show up?

#1Drexlerfan22Posted 4/12/2013 1:30:41 PM
I am a veteran of MHFU and Tri, and I'm a bit confused because in this game, I've never seen these skills show up. I get Lucky Cat and Felyne Carver (Lo) all the time, but I've never seen UltraLucky or CarverHi available, or gotten them at random or anything.

I'm in the middle of G-rank (G2), if that matters, and I've completed every villager request, including the ones for better ingredients.

So...
1. Do these two skills ever show up in the cooking skills list before eating, or are they assigned randomly?
2. Is there some kind of requirement to be able to get these skills I just haven't done yet? Do I need to clear G-rank before I can get these or something?
3. Is there a certain combination of ingredients where these skills show up the most?
4. Do I need to use a Voucher or Gourmet Voucher for these skills to show up?
#2AldenAshfordPosted 4/12/2013 1:33:21 PM
I get carver hi and low pretty often using popo tongue and the mushroom ingredient. Crazy lucky cat appears pretty often too, but never ultra.
#3Drexlerfan22(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 1:36:47 PM
AldenAshford posted...
I get carver hi and low pretty often using popo tongue and the mushroom ingredient. Crazy lucky cat appears pretty often too, but never ultra.

Yeah, and Ultra is the only one I really care about right now. :/

So when you get carver hi, does that show up like any other skill in the list, or do you get it at random?
#4Mean_BeaniePosted 4/12/2013 1:42:07 PM
Have you tried drink ingredients at all? Those seem to get me Carver and Lucky Cat skills pretty often in the Daily Skills when mixed with non-veggie ingredients.
---
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/8360/umud.png
#5Drexlerfan22(Topic Creator)Posted 4/12/2013 1:44:58 PM
Mean_Beanie posted...
Have you tried drink ingredients at all? Those seem to get me Carver and Lucky Cat skills pretty often in the Daily Skills when mixed with non-veggie ingredients.

I generally check several combinations and look for something that has lucky cat or carver, and if I don't see either of those I default back to whatever combination gets me Health+50 and Defense(L). I've just never ever seen UltraLuckyCat when looking at food combinations. I've definitely tried looking at the effects for stuff like Master Cola, etc.
#6ace_two_maxPosted 4/13/2013 1:48:24 PM
Tanzian Ale and Heaven Bread makes Ultra lucky cat show up in the daily Sauté`
---
You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people and plead for your freedom, and your telling me your completely sane?!