Brachydios Armor

#1guidetolifePosted 4/13/2013 10:17:00 PM
is it worth farming for a week?
#2beezysheezyPosted 4/13/2013 10:20:40 PM
No.
#3hereforemnantPosted 4/13/2013 10:23:10 PM
Yes. Just did it myself, and it looks gorgeous, besides the loss of Evasion which i counteracted with a decoration, it's very helpful.
---
They say all good things are bound to come to an end, but why haven't i heard the same about bad things?
#4steepcirclePosted 4/13/2013 10:26:10 PM
Nope. While it has good defense for the rank, assuming you've just been doing the village and sticking to staples like jaggi/volvi/wroggi LR armor. The brachy armor itself isn't much to write home about, and this is coming from someone who spent 4 days farming for the set, to immediately abandon the set once I got to azure rath.

It has:

Bomb boost
Potential/adrenaline +1
Evasion -1
Spirit boost

Evasion -1 is highly noticeable, your invulnerability time normally is small and requires precise timing to roll through attacks, this makes it even harder.

Bomb boost is negligible, it's a 20% boost to slime (just an extra small chance to inflict more slime hits) on the dios weapons, but unless you're using SnS/DS/LS you're not going to get more than a couple of explosions per fight anyway.

Adrenaline can be nice when you get to the point you're good enough to use it.
Spirit is also nice, it gives you a small attk boost and affinity boost whenever a monster enrages.
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*
#5guidetolife(Topic Creator)Posted 4/13/2013 10:41:11 PM
so i should just abandon my farm and move on to zinogre or azure rathalos?
#6devilschain30Posted 4/13/2013 10:42:23 PM
guidetolife posted...

I personally don't think zinogre is worth getting either. Azure Rath on the other hand is one of the best armor sets in the game.
---
GT: Gods pudding
Pokemon B/W 2 FC: 3783-8619-6565
#7steepcirclePosted 4/13/2013 10:47:58 PM
guidetolife posted...

I would, like I said, I spent days farming the brachy set and found it underwhelming at best. Rath soul armor is fantastic. It has more slots, better general use skills, and the worst part about it is a measly -10 to your max health when you go out on a quest, which is hardly worth mentioning.
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*