Effective way to kill Stygian Zinogre

#1Sirius140Posted 4/16/2013 2:06:21 PM
Zin long sword takes half an hour and I nearly timed out on the dual quest.
#2mycousinvinniePosted 4/16/2013 2:07:23 PM
slime weapons, zinogre's have low tolerances immunity build up to it
#3Exsilium1Posted 4/16/2013 2:16:35 PM
I don't even bother doing the single Stygian Zinogre quest, I always do the dual quest..it's actually faster...

I use the Slime GS and kill each in about 15 minutes each. Bring flash bangs, you can stop him from charging once by throwing the flash bang, 2nd time won't stop him, then repeat.

Pitfall traps work well on him and shock traps also, I would use them when he's not charged though, he breaks through them very quickly when charged.
---
Like Zinogre?
https://www.facebook.com/ZinogreTheMonarch
#4Sirius140(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 2:18:53 PM
I tried doing the dual quest with Demolition Chime, almost timed out and got carted 3 times even when I had the second one limping.
#5Sho_ShiPosted 4/16/2013 2:23:16 PM
Kelbi bow!
#6agentpheonixPosted 4/16/2013 2:28:28 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Sirius140(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 2:37:47 PM
I am planning on farming it with dios slicers, but I need a gem before I feel satisfied enough to use em.
#8dawud1930Posted 4/16/2013 2:44:26 PM
I actually capture him in the Infernal overlord quest in less than 12 minutes. He's horribly weak to efficient gunning.
My gun is the Gold Ceadus HBG, with limite removed, my set has Steadiness+2, Evade extender, Normal Shot up, and Attack Up M.

This set and weapon actually kill G rank Jinouga in 8 minutes something.

Zinogre and Stygian's weakness to shot is the head and back. Especially the head. He exposes it so much by charging or walking around that guns clearly have the advantage. Stygian is stonger on the backlegs, so making him fall over is harder for a blademaster. No such problem for a gunner.

Dual Stygian takes me 17 minutes with this set up.
#9Sirius140(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2013 3:25:08 PM
I may have to try that
#10SIrcactusPosted 4/16/2013 7:36:17 PM
dawud1930 posted...
I actually capture him in the Infernal overlord quest in less than 12 minutes. He's horribly weak to efficient gunning.
My gun is the Gold Ceadus HBG, with limite removed, my set has Steadiness+2, Evade extender, Normal Shot up, and Attack Up M.

This set and weapon actually kill G rank Jinouga in 8 minutes something.

Zinogre and Stygian's weakness to shot is the head and back. Especially the head. He exposes it so much by charging or walking around that guns clearly have the advantage. Stygian is stonger on the backlegs, so making him fall over is harder for a blademaster. No such problem for a gunner.

Dual Stygian takes me 17 minutes with this set up.

What set are you using? I've been looking for a decent evade extender set for my HBG