Should I buy a Circle Pad Pro to play this game?

#1gOwCoD4Posted 4/18/2013 4:42:29 AM
I'm finding the camera controls a little irritating at the moment (mostly underwater camera controls), but other than that i'm finding the game relatively alright without the circle pad pro. Considering picking it up, but MH3U is the only game I have compatible with it, and i'm not sure if I want to fork out $25 for something that i'm not gonna use too much.

Side question; Is there a lock-on function in this game? I'm going to assume 'no', but if there is, it'll make things a little easier for me.
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#2Samson_UnitPosted 4/18/2013 5:08:45 AM
I've bought the CCP the same day I've bought the 3DS MH bundle.
And I never use it. The camera locking function is just what was needed to replace the second stick.
I only miss it underwater.

The way is set up my touch screen :

A panel with the icon for camera locking.
A panel with the camera cross (I've re-sized the panel to ease the acces with right thumb)

So when I enter the area where the monster is, I touch the panel for camera locking.
From now on, clicking the L button places the camera behind me. Double clicking L focus the camera on the monster. Voilą !
#3gOwCoD4(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2013 5:16:41 AM
I appreciate the answer! I guess i'm not gonna be buying a CPP now, since I did not know you could target monsters. A little fiddling in the panel configuration was all I needed to fix my primary issues. Thanks a bunch!
---
People really need to stop complaining about the inclusion of online passes...
#4dexter1984Posted 4/18/2013 5:18:33 AM
I would say yes, it greatly enhanced my playing experience.
#5CKMogPosted 4/18/2013 5:49:54 AM
I can't see myself playing w/o the CPP.

I played 40+ hrs without it.

Then another 20 with it... Its a must have.
#6ultronPosted 4/18/2013 6:05:25 AM
I bought mine along with the game and played the entire time with it attached, so far, 112 hours and counting using the CPP.
Never had camera troubles with it, and actually love underwater fights because of it.

It's not necessary, but I can't see myself not using this now, it's just so comfortable to use and my 3ds is so tiny without it...
#7LeanaunfurledPosted 4/18/2013 6:06:00 AM
If you want.
---
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
Bravely Default will be localized.
#8XianCePosted 4/18/2013 6:40:54 AM
I don't own a CPP yet, and I can say my experience in underwater fights is... well, terrible, compared to the time when I played MH3 on the Wii with a CCP.

Maybe I'll try out Samson_Unit's set-up, but I'm still going to eventually buy a CPP when it releases for XL.
---
Competitive gaming is a joke.
PC Shop Teacher: Remember - anyone who doesn't build their own birdhouse is a CASUAL woodsmith.
#9Cerabret100Posted 4/18/2013 7:03:15 AM
Judging by my experience in the demo without the CPP, and my experience after buying the game and the CPP...i'd say i probably wouldn't be enjoying it quite as much and the underwater portions would probably have damaged my mileage with this game.
---
Silent Hill: proving payback's a ***** since 1999
#10dancer62Posted 4/18/2013 9:11:51 AM
Samson_Unit posted...
I've bought the CCP the same day I've bought the 3DS MH bundle.
And I never use it. The camera locking function is just what was needed to replace the second stick.
I only miss it underwater.

The way is set up my touch screen :

A panel with the icon for camera locking.
A panel with the camera cross (I've re-sized the panel to ease the acces with right thumb)

So when I enter the area where the monster is, I touch the panel for camera locking.
From now on, clicking the L button places the camera behind me. Double clicking L focus the camera on the monster. Voilą !

Pretty much this.

I bought a CPP for MH3U, but have only used it for a few minutes. For me It feels too big and clunky, easier to go without it. I use my left thumb, back and forth between the Dpad and the joystick, L trigger to center the view if needed, just like playing MHFU on a PSPGo. For underwater fights I use the touchpad virtual Dpad with my right thumb.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.