Specialized G-Rank Dual Swords Armor

#1smalorePosted 4/22/2013 11:22:28 PM
hey guys, im an avid DS user and im at HR8 soon. im not into the whole idea of farming up the Helios Z Set as i think its pretty much a template armor that everyone wears.

perhaps we can share our armor combos and the skills that we gem in here as well?

im currently on Full Rath Soul Z set.

HGE
Critical+3
Fencing
Bombardier
Divine Protection
#2sycho2005Posted 4/22/2013 11:26:39 PM
I just use narga set, evade +2 evade dist, sense and fast sharpener.

I think fast sharpener is a good skill for dual sword since they wear easily. and with evade distance i can just dash to monsters without sheathing.
#3The_LuXxPosted 4/22/2013 11:30:04 PM
Mixed armor set with

Critical eye 2
Speed sharpening
Sharpness +1
Evade +1
Earplugs

You need god charm evade 5 expert 10 to make

Can get Critical Eye 3 with 3 slot weapon or HGE,
Gonna use this set with the Utra Hard blade when the Dlc comes out :D
#4smalore(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:35:04 PM
how do you guys cope on grank without HGE? it has save me countless times actually
#5sycho2005Posted 4/22/2013 11:45:03 PM
smalore posted...
how do you guys cope on grank without HGE? it has save me countless times actually

if your timing is right u can evade the scream. I just reach g rank have not face the tuff monsters
#6The_LuXxPosted 4/22/2013 11:45:34 PM
The only thing you need earplugs for are rathalos and subs. I don't think anything else that roars capitalizes on it, I think of earplugs and HGE as just free hit skills.
#7BunnywunnyPosted 4/22/2013 11:45:56 PM
not all monsters need high grade earplugs and against those that don't it's somewhat of a waste since earplugs is one of the higher investment skills
---
"Me fail English? that's unpossible"
-Ralph Wiggum
#8smalore(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2013 11:52:54 PM
what about other skills?

Challenger
Latent Power
Adrenaline

which would be useful in a high g rank fight?
#9steepcirclePosted 4/22/2013 11:53:42 PM
The_LuXx posted...
The only thing you need earplugs for are rathalos and subs. I don't think anything else that roars capitalizes on it, I think of earplugs and HGE as just free hit skills.

Uragaan can get you too during a roar, and I think I. Lagi can get you with a close range electric attack. That's all I can think of off the top of my head though, I've had HGE since rath soul > Helios and am not quite ready to leave it yet.
---
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*
#10The_LuXxPosted 4/23/2013 12:02:47 AM
Challenger 2 is IMHO the best Atk buff skill, but it's just difficult to incorporate with sharpness+1 and evade