Specialized G-Rank Dual Swords Armor

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Specialized G-Rank Dual Swords Armor

User Info: smalore

smalore
3 years ago#1
hey guys, im an avid DS user and im at HR8 soon. im not into the whole idea of farming up the Helios Z Set as i think its pretty much a template armor that everyone wears.

perhaps we can share our armor combos and the skills that we gem in here as well?

im currently on Full Rath Soul Z set.

HGE
Critical+3
Fencing
Bombardier
Divine Protection

User Info: sycho2005

sycho2005
3 years ago#2
I just use narga set, evade +2 evade dist, sense and fast sharpener.

I think fast sharpener is a good skill for dual sword since they wear easily. and with evade distance i can just dash to monsters without sheathing.

User Info: The_LuXx

The_LuXx
3 years ago#3
Mixed armor set with

Critical eye 2
Speed sharpening
Sharpness +1
Evade +1
Earplugs

You need god charm evade 5 expert 10 to make

Can get Critical Eye 3 with 3 slot weapon or HGE,
Gonna use this set with the Utra Hard blade when the Dlc comes out :D

smalore
3 years ago#4
how do you guys cope on grank without HGE? it has save me countless times actually

User Info: sycho2005

sycho2005
3 years ago#5
smalore posted...
how do you guys cope on grank without HGE? it has save me countless times actually

if your timing is right u can evade the scream. I just reach g rank have not face the tuff monsters

The_LuXx
3 years ago#6
The only thing you need earplugs for are rathalos and subs. I don't think anything else that roars capitalizes on it, I think of earplugs and HGE as just free hit skills.

User Info: Bunnywunny

Bunnywunny
3 years ago#7
not all monsters need high grade earplugs and against those that don't it's somewhat of a waste since earplugs is one of the higher investment skills
"Me fail English? that's unpossible"
-Ralph Wiggum

smalore
3 years ago#8
what about other skills?

Challenger
Latent Power
Adrenaline

which would be useful in a high g rank fight?

User Info: steepcircle

steepcircle
3 years ago#9
The_LuXx posted...
The only thing you need earplugs for are rathalos and subs. I don't think anything else that roars capitalizes on it, I think of earplugs and HGE as just free hit skills.

Uragaan can get you too during a roar, and I think I. Lagi can get you with a close range electric attack. That's all I can think of off the top of my head though, I've had HGE since rath soul > Helios and am not quite ready to leave it yet.
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*

The_LuXx
3 years ago#10
Challenger 2 is IMHO the best Atk buff skill, but it's just difficult to incorporate with sharpness+1 and evade
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. Specialized G-Rank Dual Swords Armor

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived