OK capturing is by far the worst feature of this game.

#1hyjinx17Posted 4/23/2013 7:49:30 PM
This ****ing bear constantly walks around the stupid trap. Can I pick up the trap? no. Can I just throw down another trap? nope. FML I'm seriously about 2 attempts away from trading this game in
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#2friendbuddypalPosted 4/23/2013 7:51:14 PM
Oh man, this a ten star topic.
---
So yur wit yur honey when da phone rings. A voice says "Wut r u doin wit my daughter?" ur girl say "My dad is ded!" THEN WHO WAS PHONE!?
#3sephiroth1491Posted 4/23/2013 7:51:50 PM
hmm, learn to capture it maybe? Bear is the easiest capture quest in the game, if you don't learn to do it correctly now, it gonna be a real pain later.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 /// DD Pawn: Kon - 123 - Sorcerer
MH3U (3DS): HR39 (all solo)
#4SatyrangeluzPosted 4/23/2013 7:52:11 PM
Trade it. Dont blame the game if you cant set a "safe" trap. I had that poblem maybe 7-8 times but man, was my fault. Dont set a trap if the monster has been on an area for long time or if its limping and havnt reached sleep area.
#5KhelThuzadPosted 4/23/2013 7:55:15 PM
Go ahead then. MH is a very niche game aimed at a particular audience.

On Topic. Trapping a monster is hard, yes. It was meant to be this way. You have to know exactly when to lay your trap to capture it. Wait till you get to monsters that:
- Ignore your trap and change location.
- Immune to your trap
- Gets empowered by your shock trap
- Jump out from your trap
- Destroy your trap.
---
carriers are synonymous with instantaneous-winination - parrot_of_adun
Doesnt work in inferno, the monsters kill you and farm you for gold instead - havok718
#6Kirby7506Posted 4/23/2013 7:56:38 PM
Having not read anything but the "the worst feature of this game."

I clearly thought this was either about ceadeus or underwater fights.

guess not. Capturing doesnt hold a candle to worst features.
---
Sorry I'm late but I was busy predicting the future. Zen why didn't you predict that you would be late! Because, Shut up.
#7hyjinx17(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2013 7:57:21 PM
I just finished it, but if you're honestly telling me the capture system(at least in it's current form) isn't bad, then you got to be weaned off that monster hunter tit
---
Rainbow Dash is best pony. The only argument I will accept is for Twilight Sparkle.
#8PidgeonPeasantPosted 4/23/2013 7:57:57 PM
Once you get the hang of it its a lifesaver. Just wait until they move to another screen after limping then go for it. Just be sure to be careful when playing online/over wifi. Tried to cap wifi brachy while he was eating. He seemed to be a bit farther away than normal, but I set the trap right under him. the b****** weapon slid over to the where he should have been eating, meaning he avoided the trap. He then proceeded to wipe out our entire team in seconds lol.
#9LeanaunfurledPosted 4/23/2013 7:59:27 PM(edited)
...wut xD

Capturing is piss easy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
Bravely Default will be localized.
#10Kirby7506Posted 4/23/2013 8:00:40 PM
hyjinx17 posted...
I just finished it, but if you're honestly telling me the capture system(at least in it's current form) isn't bad, then you got to be weaned off that monster hunter

Setting the trap under a sleeping/paralyzed/fallen over monster is actually really not that bad.
---
Sorry I'm late but I was busy predicting the future. Zen why didn't you predict that you would be late! Because, Shut up.