What does your standard item pouch look like?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. What does your standard item pouch look like?

User Info: steepcircle

steepcircle
3 years ago#1
Once I hit G***, my item pouch has change somewhat due to the tower/arena fights that take place in constricted areas.

Here's what I bring:

book of combos 1-3
10 potions
10 mega potions
2 max potions
10 energy drinks
power charm
armor charm
10 bomb casings
paintballs
5 flash bombs
10 dung bombs
10 smoke bombs
1 farcaster
8 tranqs
2 trap tools
1 pitfall trap
1 shock trap
whetstones
10 honey
10 exciteshroom
thunderbugs

and 1 spare slot, that I sometimes bring 2 LBB+ or just leave it blank.

I bring the farcaster combines because sometimes I find in the arena and tower quests, it's more difficult to pot up/sharpen/refill stamina when there's a lot of stuff going on. For the pots, sure, that's a lot of healing, I usually don't use that many, but it's more of a precaution if a fight goes bad, and the max pots are just for if I happen to get karted to refill my health to max.

Before, I used to bring a full complement of bombs, but I hardly used them. I find the farcasters more helpful on a routine basis as far as G*** goes. What do you guys like to bring?
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*

User Info: AntiReligionist

AntiReligionist
3 years ago#2
It looks like me crying that we don't have the quest pouch anymore, why Capcom? Why?
Never again will I bend to Xbox's will.

User Info: Leanaunfurled

Leanaunfurled
3 years ago#3
10 Mega Potions
5 Cold Potions
5 Hot Potions
Cooked Meat
20 Whetstones
Antidotes (depending)

If I'm planning on capturing, I then bring along a shock trap, tranqs, and spare combo supplies.
http://i.imgur.com/atFfl36.png
Bravely Default will be localized.

User Info: Typhlax

Typhlax
3 years ago#4
potions
mega potions
energy drinks
both talons
dung bombs
paintballs
shock trap
tranq bombs
pickace
bug net
whetstones
TyphlosionEXplOsIOn
GT: Pyroskank

User Info: MrPoppadopolis

MrPoppadopolis
3 years ago#5
10 Potions
10 Mega Potions
Armor Charm
Power Charm
Armor Talon
Power Talon
20 Whetstones
10 Well Done Meats
5 Gold Pickaxes
5 Gold Bugnets
Double BBQ Spit

And depending where Im going I will bring a few Hot Drinks or Cool Drinks. The rest of the slots are for items I acquire on the mission.
PSN - S1lentsurviv0r

User Info: Direfatalis

Direfatalis
3 years ago#6
A little excessive but i did notice you dont have power/armor talons. They stack with charms so combine your charms with deviljho talons to make them then buy new charms and keep all 4 at all times.

User Info: DrSteelecleaver

DrSteelecleaver
3 years ago#7
Power Charm
Power Talon
Armor Charm
Armor Talon
10 Megas
10 Potions
Whetstones
Paintballs

Then traps/tranq's if I plan to capture them.
-Old-School Legends: Mario, Link, Randy Savage, Zhang Fei, Guile, Spider-Man and Dr StlClavr.

User Info: steepcircle

steepcircle
3 years ago#8
Direfatalis posted...
A little excessive but i did notice you dont have power/armor talons. They stack with charms so combine your charms with deviljho talons to make them then buy new charms and keep all 4 at all times.

I agree it is excessive, however, my expereince with G rank in MHFU was limited, and I've also only ever solo'd both games. All that healing is generally a 'just in case' type thing. I typically use about 4-6 mega pots, but I'll use more on something like dire miralis/brachydios, or the crazy arena quests in G***, which is why I now bring all those far casters, so I can SAFELY get away when something goes wrong. Predicting one monster is easy enough IMO, but 2 at the same time can get crazy when you're by yourself xD!

I LOVE MH though, don't get me wrong. Before arena quests in G rank though, I never needed NEARLY that many healing items, and never brought farcasters beforehand. I haven't combined my charms though, since I have just 2 talons, and I haven't decided if I want to hold on to them or not yet.
Conrad Verner: "My wife was really supportive. She even paid for my shuttle fare off-world."
Matriarch Aethyta: *facepalm*

User Info: Lord Blade

Lord Blade
3 years ago#9
10 Potions
10 Mega Potions
20 Well Done Steaks
20 Whetstones
1 Armor Charm
1 Power Charm
5 Pickaxes
Are today's games made for 1 armed, drunken kids with downs-syndrome? - krazy168
The politically correct term is "casual gamer" - wubikens

User Info: ChaoticInfected

ChaoticInfected
3 years ago#10
10 Potions
10 Megas
Powercharm
Armorcharm
10 Well-done steaks
10 Paintballs
8 Tranq bombs
Pitfall
Shock Trap
Mega Pickaxe
Mega Bug net
20 whetstones

I add/remove depending on the quest after that. Cold/hot drinks, dung/flash/sonic bombs etc etc. I generally have a page or so for gathering/carves.
  1. Boards
  2. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
  3. What does your standard item pouch look like?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived