Please tell me this isn't normal...

#1Godly_GoofPosted 4/30/2013 6:08:56 AM
I just did the quest to kill the Durambos for the Shaka 2 quest and killing this thing took 40 minutes of straight wailing on it with the Ice Slicers. It. Just. Wouldn't. DIE! Seriously was that just a BS fluke? or is this game just that much of an a**?...
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#2Ansem_the_evilPosted 4/30/2013 6:12:19 AM
He took me 20 min with the Flame storm dual swords, you just used wrong element against it, its weak to fire not ice and its weakness is its humps
---
My 3DS FC: 1332-7692-1950
#3Catluver17Posted 4/30/2013 6:19:57 AM(edited)
Poison. It does wonders against it. Or bring a fire weapon which is its elemental weakness. Also watch it carefully: when it backs off and starts spinning wait till the second spin, quickly run in and attack its legs where hopefully it'll trip over. That done, go nuts on the humps on its back. When they break they'll take a extreme amount of damage if you continue tripping and attacking them *the supplied Pitfall Trap allows you to hit them too* Before it starts spinning attack the back legs, its next best target.

Normal? Seems so for most people, but first time i went in with the Gigginox DS and won in around 15 minutes, carted twice. Other than his size blocking the view and his ability to seemingly chain any of his attacks into one long combo, hes a rather easy target when you know how. He just has possibly the most HP of any non Elder Dragon monster.
---
Sigs are for people with something to say.
So i say this: ......
#4Godly_Goof(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2013 6:19:42 AM
Well I figured out the humps. But not the fire ... Might just have to get the fire ele swords then before I fight anymore of this thing ...
---
I still don't believe most people on gamefaqs are even gamers. Just assuming they are embodiments of hate and stupidity taking digital form.
#5SvenshinhanPosted 4/30/2013 8:16:03 AM
Duramboros has a ton of HP compared to most other monsters. He's indeed very weak to fire, though ice also does a fair amount of damage to him.

First time I killed him took me a good 35 minutes, and I was constantly unloading level 3 GS charges all over the place (though I didn't know the humps were his weak point then). I attacked the legs and tail mostly. Tail takes little damage from GS, but I went in 'blind' so I didn't know that either.

I also didn't know I could trip him by attacking the legs when he's doing the spin attack, allowing you to wail on the humps for a while.
---
Hakuna Matata
#6geoffreyAXPosted 4/30/2013 8:17:27 AM
It's pretty normal first time I did the hunt it took me upwards of 30 minutes and a death.
#7geoffreyAXPosted 4/30/2013 8:18:01 AM
Also remember you aren't getting shaka help during it.
#8Vintage_VentrulPosted 4/30/2013 8:25:21 AM
Yeah since you're using DB, elemental is a bit more important and using the wrong one will make for long kill times. Stack that on top of Duran duranbros having a zillion HP and a 40 minute kill sounds about right.
---
Steam - MrGains; Currently Playing - MH3U (3DS), CoD: Blops 2 (360). Soon: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity
#9hunterwolfePosted 4/30/2013 8:43:04 AM
about 20 minutes the first time, but after farming tailbones in P3 i kinda didn't expect much grief outta him
---
we buy our freedom's with borrowed dollars, they have made slaves of us all...
#10geoffreyAXPosted 4/30/2013 8:44:09 AM
hunterwolfe posted...
about 20 minutes the first time, but after farming tailbones in P3 i kinda didn't expect much grief outta him

Yeah this was also the first time I fought him, now I can get him under 15 minutes.