Total newbie to the MH series trying to beat the demo...

#1matu90rkPosted 5/10/2013 12:05:00 AM
And that damned Plesioth is just kicking my ass...
I mean I know he's not that hard for people that have played MH, but oh my god, I hit him like 50 times with the long sword premade character and he still won't go down >_<
The he just spams tail attacks and spins and sends me back to the camp.

I was thinking of getting the full game tomorrow but now I feel like maybe I suck too much at it...
#2DFKNMNYPosted 5/10/2013 12:11:44 AM
I'm in the same boat, the game looks awesome and I really wanna get the full version but I can't seem to beat the demo so I'm afraid i'll end up wasting my money and sucking at it. Have you tried any of the other pre-made characters?
---
3DS FC:5472-6699-8282 (add me and I'll add you back if you message)
#3Diadem926Posted 5/10/2013 12:11:54 AM
Practice makes perfect.
#4oblivian_ty_7Posted 5/10/2013 12:13:04 AM
the demo is a terrible comparison for the actual game. by the time you get up to Plesi you'll have a good idea of how your Weapons work along with a general feel of how the game plays so you shouldn't have too much trouble learning Plesi and knowing how to deal with him

just picking a pre-made char and getting thrown into a fight having no idea what to do in a game where in as few words as possible can literally be described as "hit it til it dies, don't get hit" is a terrible representation and a horrible idea for a demo to get people interested

needless to say, if you liked anything at all about the demo then give the full game a try IMO. it's much MUCH better than you probably think it is at this point >.<
---
PSN: XRagnarokRiderX
Currently Playing: MH3U, MHP3rd, and Mass Effect 3
#5Neutral-bobPosted 5/10/2013 12:13:14 AM
Don't be discouraged. It's always rough at first, but you'll improve. Just pay attention to the monster's attacks and learn to get a feel for the weapon you're using. It's not always easy, but you will get better.
---
Extra Bullenfogel power!
#6KeldonisPosted 5/10/2013 12:19:27 AM
The game itself will ease you into it, the demo really isn't a great tool to judge the full game by.

As the above post stated, you won't even encounter Plesioth till much later in the game. By that time, you'll be more than accustomed to a certain style of weapon, or many weapons.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.
#7heavyacademicPosted 5/10/2013 12:20:09 AM
matu90rk posted...
I was thinking of getting the full game tomorrow but now I feel like maybe I suck too much at it...

Do not despair. The demo throws you in at the deep end (see what I did there?) by pitting you against a monster you don't meet in the full game for ages.

The early quests in the full game are all about introducing you to materials and resource gathering, fighting itt-bitty monsters and only later giving you some bigger monsters to fight. Plus water battles are some of the hardest in the game.
#8sinisterorionPosted 5/10/2013 12:23:30 AM
I just got the game myself and it does ease you into everything a lot nicer whereas the demo kind of just showed off how things will eventually get.
#9ss4gogeta_darkPosted 5/10/2013 1:04:51 AM
The demo is a poor example of the game. In fact the demo made me almost reject buying it. Its not hard to learn the game. The demo can at least give you an idea of mechanics but the learning different weapons takes more time than the demo gives sometimes.
---
FX 8150 @ 4.3ghz|MSI 7970 Lightning 1200/1600|MSI 990fxa-gd80|G.skill 1866mhz| W7Ux64
FCs in contacts.
#10SIrcactusPosted 5/10/2013 1:13:55 AM
Don't worry about it man. Mh3u does a great job of easing you into the difficulty of the game.