About to start a SA speedrun

#1AlphaXero87Posted 6/11/2013 3:35:57 AM
Ok, this is just for my amusement and to replay the game again now that ive spent 150+ hours on my other character. I am going to go Switch Axe the whole time and try to see how quickly i can get to take out Ivory lagi.

i'm not sure what sets to start out with though. I was thinking when i can i might make Wroggi armor in order to get that nice poison immunity, but before that im not sure. Also, Which SA tree do you think will be best to get me to the end quickly, though ill prolly need multiple types to get different elements in order to speed things up.

Any suggestions to try to make my run easier?
---
PSN - AlphaXero87
Nintendo Network ID - AlphaXero
#2WalladimPosted 6/11/2013 3:57:55 AM
Do it naked.
#3Mr_BasaraPosted 6/11/2013 4:34:28 AM
If you're going for a speed run, then just take Great Jaggi all the way. It's easy to make, so you won't spend time trying to get plates or rubies. Gem it up to Attack Up Large, and you're good to go.
---
XBL - Mr Basara
PSN - The_Daiyu
#4sethyboy0Posted 6/18/2013 12:41:10 PM
The way this forum makes it sound, all you need is the dios SA once you get to it and you're good
#5KeldonisPosted 6/18/2013 12:54:23 PM(edited)
sethyboy0 posted...
The way this forum makes it sound, all you need is the dios SA once you get to it and you're good

Pretty much, though this is at the near end of High Rank. That makes this "speed run" pretty much useless as Ivory Lagi is unlocked a few quests later.

SA is probably a terrible choice all around. There's really no good power-phial axes early game either, other than maybe the Ceadeus line at 5* (Which would also kill your run, due to just how long and annoying the fight is).

I'd rather see a LBG/HBG speed run up to Ivory honestly.
---
We trained harder than you today, and we're gonna party harder than you tonight. Mint with the crew.