I cannot defeat Duramboros.

#1pikachupwnagePosted 7/8/2013 10:25:51 AM
It has way too ****ing much HP. It took a couple dozen gunlance combos(the four hit one followed by the big shot that uses all your ammo) and a half dozen wyvern fires as well as Inumerable pokes and shots. This is from a fire element weapon mind you and several of those big attacks were right on its broken humps.

Ugh. ****ing hate Duramboros. Failed this three times now. Tried it with dual swords first. Fail. Upragded dual swords. Fail. Fire gunlance. Fail.

I can never get it to fall over during its spin either.
---
http://samgreenmedia.com/pikacrunk.gif http://tinyurl.com/clkxher
My posts often aren't usually serious. But they are seriously funny.
#2pikachupwnage(Topic Creator)Posted 7/8/2013 10:29:58 AM
Turn out I accidentally used my iron gunlance instead of my peco gunlance. No wonder I couldn't kill it.

I feel so stupid. (Still hate dura though)
---
http://samgreenmedia.com/pikacrunk.gif http://tinyurl.com/clkxher
My posts often aren't usually serious. But they are seriously funny.
#3jamieyelloPosted 7/8/2013 10:34:22 AM(edited)
I use a fire bow and spam scatter shot. I don't know, durambos was one of those ones that gave me no trouble so I really can't relate. Deviljo and Cedeus though...

Edit ninjad I guess. How do you confuse fire bow and iron lance? O_O
---
Stop saying gameplay>graphics like you have to pick one.
#4ultronPosted 7/8/2013 10:34:16 AM
You could always try poison in the future, it does make duramboros a bit faster to kill.
---
3DS FC - 2148-8242-1614
#5ShiningLaserPosted 7/8/2013 1:12:51 PM
Try using poison weapons on him. He takes a lot of damage to it. The best poison Dual Swords at this point is Bloodwings+, but normal Bloodwings will do fine if you can't seem to get any Fearsome Maws (yes you need Gigginox parts to make Bloodwings). Bring traps and flashbombs as well to make the fight a tad easier. Try to knock him over during the spin by getting past the tail and hitting his legs, if he falls over, go for the humps next (it's his weakspot). You can also try flashbombing him during the spin if you want. Also bring tranq bombs if you want to finish the fight faster if he's limping (remember to save a trap). Hope this helped!
---
Jhen Mohran does not run away cause it's wounded, but he sees Chuck Norris in Loc Lac.3ds Friend code:2320-7400-7865 Name:Biospark
#6sonofkorolPosted 7/8/2013 1:23:04 PM
He does indeed have way too much health. I can get hit ONCE in a fight with him, and it still takes me longer to kill or cap a Duramboros than a Black Diablos. Crappy fight, crappy monster, crappy armor from him. Waste of damn time to even put that thing in the game.
---
(|||I '') Leader of the Dream Team & Official Husband to Noire <3
/\/\/ Head of the SA and GTAV Secret Hunters Association \/\/\
#7GuardianShadow0Posted 7/8/2013 1:47:34 PM
Try using a Hammer. It's very easy to knock him over and you can KO him for more hits on the hump. He'll also get exhausted quickly and fall over by himself.
---
Killer of Topics
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc
#8nonty96ziePosted 7/8/2013 2:08:24 PM
sonofkorol posted...
He does indeed have way too much health. I can get hit ONCE in a fight with him, and it still takes me longer to kill or cap a Duramboros than a Black Diablos. Crappy fight, crappy monster, crappy armor from him. Waste of damn time to even put that thing in the game.

Takes me 10-15 minutes to kill him, he's not hard. This is using the Lagiacrus Crash or w/e the Lagiacrus GL is called.
---
Black FC - 5372 0619 6373
LoL EUW IGN - Poranthe
#9sonofkorolPosted 7/8/2013 2:14:56 PM
nonty96zie posted...
sonofkorol posted...

Takes me 10-15 minutes to kill him, he's not hard. This is using the Lagiacrus Crash or w/e the Lagiacrus GL is called.

A G-rank duramboros takes 20-25 minutes to kill with me having the final Dios LS and my girlfriend having the final Dios SA.
---
(|||I '') Leader of the Dream Team & Official Husband to Noire <3
/\/\/ Head of the SA and GTAV Secret Hunters Association \/\/\
#10nonty96ziePosted 7/8/2013 2:31:04 PM
sonofkorol posted...
nonty96zie posted...
sonofkorol posted...

A G-rank duramboros takes 20-25 minutes to kill with me having the final Dios LS and my girlfriend having the final Dios SA.

Ah fair enough.
That's not TOO bad, but I can see where you're coming from where at G Rank it's not worth it for his armour as it's no where near as good as others.
---
Black FC - 5372 0619 6373
LoL EUW IGN - Poranthe