The Ceadeus quest is my next one. What should I bring and expect?

#1Jamirus2Posted 7/28/2013 1:05:51 PM
Hi guys! I am at the Ceadeus quest for the village and a little worried about it. I'm sure it will be easy to repel him, but I'm a little unfamiliar with using things like the Ballista.

Right now, I have full Barroth Armor with a Frozen Core Hammer. I also have the full Volvidon set with a Wroggi Revolver 3. I assume it would be easier to hammer him.

Any tips on what I should expect, aside from a boring 35 minutes, or any items I should bring?

Thanks in advance, guys. Having a ton of fun with this game.
---
3DS Friend Code: *** 1246 - 8894 - 9473 ***
Xbox360 Gamertag: *** Jamirus2 ***
#2nonty96ziePosted 7/28/2013 1:58:35 PM
Expect to not kill him the first time you go through, and have to come back to finish him off.
You have to be very efficient to kill him before the 35 minutes is up, but no worries, his health stays the same when you try again.
---
Black FC - 5372 0619 6373
LoL EUW IGN - Poranthe
#3MegaSlushPosted 7/28/2013 3:27:03 PM(edited)
Just focus on his beard.
Also, when you use the dragonator, don't worry if it shoots a little early. As long as they're still erect, if he swims into them, his horns will get hit. (he'll swim away when enraged, then swim towards the dragonator from the bottom)
There are two ballistas to the side of the dragonator. Gather ammo from the wreckage nearby and use them to break his horn (only once, unlike Goldilocks), head and tail.

Also, don't forget to bring the Ancient Mask! In case you don't know, press Start then X (Cha-Cha) or Y (Kayamba) to signal for air.
---
3DS Friend Code: 0903-2770-3378. Check profile for more.
R.O.B is married. He plugs his Memory Stick into a USB port every night. ~wizaro1
#4Kyoshiro12345Posted 7/28/2013 3:45:19 PM
nonty96zie posted...
Expect to not kill him the first time you go through, and have to come back to finish him off.
You have to be very efficient to kill him before the 35 minutes is up, but no worries, his health stays the same when you try again.

well i killed him off the first try, here is how: as soon as i got to ceadeos i jumped to port solo quests, not online,solo port, got to azure rathalos fight and killed a few to make my first high rank armor, then upgraded with armorstones as much as possible, then went back to moga and killed off ceadeos. pretty easy with dios great swrd, halfway tru the second area i was just hitting his back and he started swimming really fast that i couldnt keep up with him, didnt touch his beard but he broke trough the wall and went in to area 3, then after 2-3 mins of hitting him, he died, i got 6 carves and full rewards at end, never fought him again, i should go back though, got a few stuff to make/upgrade.
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#5Jamirus2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 5:20:31 PM
Well I broke 1 horn but failed to repel.... time to try again.
---
#6lunarswordPosted 7/28/2013 5:59:55 PM
Jamirus2 posted...

only attack the beard. that is all that matters in the first areas
---
"This is all me. This is ALL ME!"
Video play throughs at - http://www.youtube.com/user/DreadArkive
#7Devil_Killer_JCPosted 7/28/2013 6:10:10 PM
lunarsword posted...
Jamirus2 posted...

only attack the beard. that is all that matters in the first areas

^This. Once it gets to area 3, that's when you go after the horn. Use the ballistae or the dragonator to do that. Or a bowgun. You can bring extra UW Ballista ammo if you trade for it (you can carry up to 10 extra shots).
---
PSN: Devil_Killer_JCS, Nintendo ID: Devil_JCS
biohazardmercenaries.com
#8Jamirus2(Topic Creator)Posted 7/28/2013 6:12:11 PM
Well, I failed the first time, but the second time he was waiting for me in Area 3 with his horn still broken! So, after like 3 or 4 minutes he was repeled.
---
#9mat285Posted 7/28/2013 6:14:58 PM
YAY! : )
---
3DS fc: 5386-8068-2310
#10drlolimasterPosted 7/29/2013 10:43:27 AM
heavy bowgun normal 3 is the most efficent way to go. at this point the rathian one would be easy and effective. its what i used for him first time. and use any armor with normal up and eat for sharpshooter. fit in offensive skills if you can.