what lightning, ice and fire bow should i be using?

#1tiamat999Posted 7/30/2013 4:26:23 PM
right now i have the lagia 4 rare bow which has power coating and the arco doesn't but it has much better lighting element. the same with both the uragaan bow and barioth bow both have power coating but weaker element and again peco and ice arko have no powercoating
---
favorite animated shows the Venture bros, gargoyles, justice league, avengers EMH, super robot wars og the inspector, young justice, avengers assemble, ragnarok
#2ragnarok183Posted 7/30/2013 5:28:30 PM
tiamat999 posted...
right now i have the lagia 4 rare bow which has power coating and the arco doesn't but it has much better lighting element. the same with both the uragaan bow and barioth bow both have power coating but weaker element and again peco and ice arko have no powercoating

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/683294-monster-hunter-3-ultimate/66142911

Drop the uragaan bow; the amount of balls it sucks is through the roof

There's quite a number of good choices for fire, but for early game, try using the qurupeco bow

Later on, you can get the dire miralis bow, or the gold rathian bow--either way, I still use all three at endgame

For ice, the barioth bow is probably the best, since the bug bow (w) is a little underpowered in comparison

For lightning, lots of people will say the bug bow (y) because of its high element, but I really like the zinogre bow the best: an awesome bow with strong raw, good element, and great shots all around; at this point, the combination of power AND para coatings on it is overkill

Regardless, the (ivory) lagiacrus bow is pretty bad...actually the other 3 lightning bows (zinogre, bug, and *maybe* nether lagiacrus bows) are much better

The bug bow (y) suffers from rather mediocre shots and awful raw, but can be viable if you boost its element

For each element, you'll probably want:
- Fire: qurupeco and either one of the d.m. or g.ian bows (all 3 have pretty unique niches)
- Ice: barioth bow
- Lightning: bug bow (y) or zinogre bow (I'd recommend zinogre)
#3tiamat999(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2013 5:39:49 PM
Thanks just got one more question what about water there's the ceadus bow, ludroth bow, and niblesnarf bow
---
favorite animated shows the Venture bros, gargoyles, justice league, avengers EMH, super robot wars og the inspector, young justice, avengers assemble, ragnarok
#4ragnarok183Posted 7/30/2013 6:01:33 PM
tiamat999 posted...
Thanks just got one more question what about water there's the ceadus bow, ludroth bow, and niblesnarf bow

No ludroth bow; the amount of balls it sucks is through the roof

Most people will use the ceadeus bow, and while it is the strongest water bow on paper, I really like using the nibelsnarf/plesioth bow the best

The nibelsnarf/plesioth bow really needs Load Up to shine but, with the right set, that shouldn't be a problem

Anyway, the bow itself has a really good level 1 and level 4 charge, nice raw, good element, power and sleep coats, and a little boost to affinity and defense

I also really like Rapid-shots, which is one reason why I'm partial to this bow: rapid is equally effective on all monsters (big and small), unlike Scatter and Pierce

On the other hand, the ceadeus bow has higher raw AND element, but is much more set-dependent than the nibelsnarf/plesioth bow

It really needs Focus to get out of its completely worthless level 1 charge as soon as possible, and also lacks a lot in the coating department

In addition, I personally really hate Scatter-bows...I only resort to using them when there's no other choice (e.g. trying to use a fire bow on great baggis, where pierce is useless; this forces me to use the qurupeco bow)

In my opinion, Scatter is a pretty bad shot that's very counter-intuitive: it encourages close range shots for gunners, who have low defense, and in g rank, a single hit will do massive damage to you

Though the ceadeus bow might have higher potential dps, I'd recommend getting the nibelsnarf/plesioth bow because it's just so much more versatile