I sold this thing about 5 hours in.

#1mumpsy21Posted 8/29/2013 8:37:18 AM
I decided to give it a try, and it was okay, although I felt like any weapon I'd use wouldn't make much difference.

Anyway, I gave up the second I found out there was swimming.

Main Point: Should I give it a try again? I really want to but the whole swimming thing just turned me off.

Should I just wait for MH4 instead?
---
Nintendo FC: 2063-0552-1565
Currently Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf || FFIII || Kid Icarus: Uprising
#2macten5150Posted 8/29/2013 8:46:16 AM
The swimming in this game takes some getting use to. But once you figure it out it's REALLY not that hard to do.

Just wait till you start fighting huge monsters under water.
---
even a blind squirrel gets a nut
#3macten5150Posted 8/29/2013 8:47:20 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 8:50:17 AM
Oh. That's unfortunate about MH4.

I still don't know, I love killing things and using their dead bodies to make myself stronger, but I really hate swimming, no matter how easy or hard it is.

Also does MH have some sort of magic counterpart? I'm more of a Chimera, dragon, magical beings sort of guy.
---
#5Xtreme GamerPosted 8/29/2013 8:51:42 AM
I find the underwater aspect of the game (especially when fighting the giant monsters) to be incredibly fun and challenging.
---
Whoever coined the phrase "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" was obviously never beat down with a dictionary.
#6legendriderPosted 8/29/2013 8:54:36 AM
Though people tend to complain about swimming, you get used to it.
Myself, I'm probably used to underwater combat due to having Tri be my very 1st Monster Hunter (playing that game with the Wii mote was sometimes very awkward. Couldn't afford classic controller, and didn't want one really)

Though I gotta say, that was a waste of money if you didn't get the full price back.

The second you found out about swimming, you sold it? Did you try it? Was it difficult for you? Did you at least try to get used to the controls?
I mean, giving up due to a portion of the game isn't the best way to go about it.
At least try to adjust to it.

Maybe invest in a Classic Controller Pro if swimming is still difficult for you.

Overall, the question is, do you enjoy the game. If you do, buy it and get over the swimming part. If you don't leave it.

I don't know why everyone is so sure MH4 will be localized.
I suppose there's a higher chance of it happening, but considering, I wouldn't say it's definite.
Also, it's going to be a year or 2 before it is, so waiting for it is a bad move.
---
Don't play to win, play for fun. Love playing games with people, that's why I love Wi-Fi
3DS: 1203-9417-6170, PSN: Trixster196
#7mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 8:58:14 AM
Yeah, sorry for the wording, of course I tried it for a while couldn't get used to it and just hate the whole moving underwater thing(I think I'm prone to extreme sea-sickness that it actually happens even with games)

I enjoyed the first parts of the game, and honestly I like the concept of MH, I just don't really know yet about how much I'll enjoy the rest of the game, or if there's too many swimming quests.
---
#8Mx4_1204Posted 8/29/2013 8:59:29 AM
mumpsy21 posted...
I felt like any weapon I'd use wouldn't make much difference.

Uuuuuhh...
---
My MHFU Weapon Tree and Ranker --> http://www.mediafire.com/?tlkc9ymqcduas73
^^<--Sarcastrophes. They mark when I use sarcasm, which is a lot of the time
#9macten5150Posted 8/29/2013 9:00:49 AM
there is no monster hunter counter part. There is no magical version of it either. There are a lot of magical looking creatures, I guess...but there isn't a wand or any magical spells you can cast at monsters...There is guns and bows, which is the closest to a magical projectile you're going to get.
---
even a blind squirrel gets a nut
#10mumpsy21(Topic Creator)Posted 8/29/2013 9:05:05 AM
Mx4_1204 posted...
mumpsy21 posted...
I felt like any weapon I'd use wouldn't make much difference.

Uuuuuhh...

I tried most of the available weapons and found not much difference in killing things, even the musical instrument thing. Also I meant that there weren't many combos I could do, although it was pretty early in the game.
---