Efficient hunts for a Wyvern Stone?

#1deoxyscyclonePosted 11/14/2013 6:19:30 AM
Hallo, peoples! I've been trying to hunt down another Wyvern Stone for one of my weapons for quite a while now, but I can never seem to get a second one... Heck, I've gotten 2 Rathalos Rubies and 3 Brachydios Gems before a second Wyvern Stone! D:

Does anyone know the most "efficient" way to try and get another one? As in, a monster that maybe gives a lot of drop chances for one, and doesn't take long to kill? I'm just tired of the fact that I need that one Wyvern Stone more to upgrade a weapon I've had for a while... :\

Thanks in advance, guys~! :D
---
3DS FC: 5112-3533-9935 ~ Pokemon XY Name: Beta ~ (Cascoon, Ariados, Whirlipede)
I'm also a Let's Player on YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/user/BetaNights
#2KaetrossPosted 11/14/2013 7:08:35 AM
Killing HR plesioth gives four 5% rolls for a Wyvern stone.
Capturing HR agnaktor gives 3%, 3%, 4%, 6%, 5%. Break head and fin.
I see those as most efficient.
#3WinsagePosted 11/14/2013 12:19:30 PM
Plesioth drops them like candy.
---
NNid: Windsage
#4deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 1:57:27 AM
Ok, so Plesioth and Agnaktor, huh? I'll give those a try! :D

On a related note, I am a Hammer user primarily (and I use Lances for Tails and such). Which of those monsters would I benefit more from having extra parts of? I think Plesioth parts would help for my Water Lance, but I can't remember the weapon tree atm...
---
#5laughingmedsPosted 11/15/2013 4:41:34 AM
deoxyscyclone posted...

On a related note, I am a Hammer user primarily (and I use Lances for Tails and such). Which of those monsters would I benefit more from having extra parts of? I think Plesioth parts would help for my Water Lance, but I can't remember the weapon tree atm...

That is correct. If you are not making the Duramboros or Ceadeus tree, you are left with Plessioth for water. I want to say that you'll probably benefit more from the Plessioth runs.

1. The fins can be converted for a lot of resources.
2. Plessioth parts make for good water: DS, GL, LBG, GS, LS, and an OK farming set.
3. It is much easier to fight.
4. With the exception of mixing armor parts, I don't think recall there being anything that Agnaktor has worth using for end game. Maybe you'll need its parts to make something else, but not really something based on Agnaktor.
---
/(-_-)o Because it is not is not enough
o(l) // to merely tell you that I am facepalming.
#6deoxyscyclone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 4:54:33 AM
laughingmeds posted...
deoxyscyclone posted...

That is correct. If you are not making the Duramboros or Ceadeus tree, you are left with Plessioth for water. I want to say that you'll probably benefit more from the Plessioth runs.

1. The fins can be converted for a lot of resources.
2. Plessioth parts make for good water: DS, GL, LBG, GS, LS, and an OK farming set.
3. It is much easier to fight.
4. With the exception of mixing armor parts, I don't think recall there being anything that Agnaktor has worth using for end game. Maybe you'll need its parts to make something else, but not really something based on Agnaktor.

Ok, cool! Thanks for the reply! :D

I'll probably go for one of the other Water trees since I heard they're better, but I've seen more weapons use Plessy parts on early stages of the trees than Agnaktor, unless I was to make the Fire+Ice weapon from the two Agnaktors.

Well! I'm off to farm for some Wyvern Stones and some resource points, I guess!
---