Two Online Questions

#1Chronic_ApathyPosted 11/15/2013 10:19:26 AM
First, I know I need a Wii U to be able to play online, but does that mean I always have to be next to a Wii U in order to play, or can I use a Wii U once, get what I need to play online with my 3DS, and be fine from there on out?

Second, if I can't get online without being near a Wii U, is it still worth getting? I started playing back in the MHF days, and it was possible (albeit difficult) to pretty much work all the way through the guild quests to the end. Is that possible here, or would I pretty much be limited to the single player?
---
"My dad died during a Lovesplosion, I find that offensive." - Kadris_Mieryu
WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! 1! 2! 3! 4!
#2KaetrossPosted 11/15/2013 10:25:52 AM
You would need to be at the wii u Everytine.

In single play, all content is available and everything can be done solo. I highly recommend it for single player.
After playing through g rank alone it seems to me having three other people there and killing 4x as fast would just be way too easy.
#3ArkelsaPosted 11/15/2013 10:27:44 AM
You need the Wii U to go online but you can use the data transfer safer tool to pass your hunter back and forth between a Wii U and your 3DS.

I recommend you just bully a friend into buying it, or post a message about a meet up for your area. Its cheaper and usually accomplishes the same thing Lol.

If you've hit a wall just put the game down for a day or two then go back.
#4Chronic_Apathy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 10:39:52 AM
Thanks for the quick answers, guys. To clarify, it is possible to kill/repel/meet the win conditions for Dire Miralis and get to HR8 on my own?
---
#5KaetrossPosted 11/15/2013 10:43:51 AM
Yes it is. I, and many others have done it.
#6Chronic_Apathy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 10:44:26 AM
Awesome. Thank you so much for your help. It will be good to get back into the series again.
---
#7Chronic_Apathy(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2013 11:06:02 AM
Sorry for the double post, one last question:
Is DLC still available at all, and if so, can that be accessed without a Wii U?
---
#8Biscuit__Posted 11/15/2013 11:55:01 AM
Yes, all DLC is available as long as you have an internet connection.
---
:V