I finally got a 3DS XL and....advanced tips for this game.

#1jeof96Posted 12/23/2013 3:53:08 AM
I'm someone coming from the Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Boards dated back in 2009.
I've got the basics covered: hit it & don't get hit.

What are some tips you can give me about this game? Please don't include how to fight "X", since I have advanced knowledge how these type of games work.

Something like: Armor Set Path I need to take. Good Weapons as well as the new skills that are introduced in this game.

PS. Does anyone know blaze? mazereon? kon-sama? & te bunch of the regulars from the MHFU Board?
---
Currently waiting for the New Year Update of God Eater 2.
#2jeof96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 5:01:41 AM
okay... Graphics....
Is it just me or MHP3rd's graphic look much more vivid than this?
Not trying to complain, but the sudden change of portable system makes my eyes bleed...
---
#3FenixRoninPosted 12/23/2013 6:23:02 AM(edited)
Honestly the game is fairly easy if you are an older player, as far as armor a lot of people lately seem to like the Wroggi armor for low rank for some reason, I personally like the Jaggi and Alloy armor more for low rank, after that in high rank you unlock bracy and his armor is alright but his weapons are great since slime works on pretty much everything so once you have a good bracy weapon you have something that can farm pretty much anything.

I know of one of those guys but I assume you meant know them personally or something in which case I do not.
---
PM me if you add me with your code so I can add you back.
3DS Friend Code: 3368-2208-1515 Pokemon Y IGN: Fenix
#4jeof96(Topic Creator)Posted 12/23/2013 6:33:01 AM
FenixRonin posted...
Honestly the game is fairly easy if you are an older player, as far as armor a lot of people lately seem to like the Wroggi armor for low rank for some reason, I personally like the Jaggi and Alloy armor more for low rank, after that in high rank you unlock bracy and his armor is alright but his weapons are great since slime works on pretty much everything so once you have a good bracy weapon you have something that can farm pretty much anything.

I know of one of those guys but I assume you meant know them personally or something in which case I do not.

thanks. I thought bracy weapons are only good for multi?
As for the people mentioned, no, not on a personal level, but do they hang here more often?
---
#5Lunar_SoulPosted 12/23/2013 6:52:00 AM
Nah, Slime is a good all-around element for single-player as well. It's not neccesarily better than using the appropriate weakness element of the monster, but it works regardless. Poison is in a similar boat, though it's a bit more dependant on the monster in question.
---
The return of the Yaoi King.
http://w11.zetaboards.com/TheQuittingReturner/index/
#6Neko_Means_CatPosted 12/23/2013 7:42:02 AM
Graphics...
#7Arc166Posted 12/24/2013 8:57:25 AM
I'd say just kill a Jaggi or Wroggi and make the ML smthing or other DLC Lance since fire covers a lot of enemies and that thing made enemy I thought it with trivial up 'till the end of village. It's gained from a mission I think is called ''Streaking with Buffalangos''.

Once you get to high get some more Jaggi or Wroggi armor. Maybe a slime wep if you want; I like to switch weps a lot and not fight an enemy more than once so I pretty much haven't bothered screwing with slime. Think I may have some dual blades which are good... not sure.
#8audiohereticPosted 12/24/2013 10:03:01 PM
As a MHFU vet you'll probably find this game easier, even in G-Rank.

My armor sets in the game progressed something like this:

LR: Leather -> .Wroggi -> Volvidon

HR: Wroggi S -> Volvidon S -> Rath Soul

GR: Rath Soul -> Helios Z

Weapon-wise, I've mostly stuck with Switch Axe. In MHFU I was mostly GS / LS, but in MH3U I just love the versatility of the SA. Power phial is the best option for Switch Axe. Slime version owns; worth working up through the Dios / Dios+ / Demolisher / Brisant line. To compliment it I also upgraded the Ceadeus Switch Axe line to completion. Working on upgrading the Narga line to arguably the game's best SA, Mizar's Asterism.

Slime + Bombardier is great for staggering and breaking parts in this game.

I found the graphics in MH3U to be superior than in MHP3rd.

Use charms to your advantage in granting skills / extra slots. Volcano map, IMHO, tends to give them out more, so those tours turn into charm hunts.

Good luck and enjoy.
---
XBL: Ultimate JWing | 3DS FC: 3368-1328-3834 | NNID & PSN: audioheretic
#9sephiroth1491Posted 12/25/2013 1:15:12 AM
Basically follow the same lines as in Pturd, up to the point where the diff monsters show, especially at HR where most armors got nerfed purposely.

Then add in the mix your weapon style. for example:

GS: Blos, Thundernox

LC/GL: Ice Agna, Barroth, Steel Ura.

What people can agree is, regardless of your weapon, helios Z is a must have for combo making, along rathsoul Z, damascus X, Lagombi/Urcusis helm to name a few. Tho all those are obv G rank, at high rank just use the same sets as in pturd save for los S, that is meh now, and there's NO artisan skill till G rank. Tenderizer/Exploiter changed his function, it no longer boosts 50% affinity on weakpoint hits, it instead increases the hitzone weakness by 5 (if zino head takes 45 damage in the head, it now takes 50, a 12% increase, while a weakness of 80 go to 85 and the boost is only of 7%, so the weakest a hitzone is, the less useful tenderizer is).

Can't think of any other change worth mentioning.

Then, don't bother with ice weapons, for some reason they made every ice weapon in this game suck so bad, even my beloved Uruku GL got severely nerfed, making every monsters like blos or sand barioth more viable with lightning.

Another tip is that slime and poison are way too strong in this game compared to old ones, poison can cripple monsters really fast, and with weapons like DB, or ian GL you can lock a monster with poison for the whole fight.

Slime isn't any weaker, since in short fights, the burst damage can nearly halve or even lower the time of fights, making a duramboros fight that maybe normally would last 20 min in mere 12 or less. and making dual mosnter quests, where they got less HP last less than half of what it does nnormally. Of course some weapons can take more advantage of this than others, a GS is lame with slime, while a gunlance and SnS can totally destroy a monster with slime, and don't even get me started with the deer bow.

If you're going hammer, be sure to make uragaan chin hammer, and don't go the steel route.

And lol, I tend to lurk here pretty often, not as much after i stopped playing it, and it's weird someone mentions me directly since i tend to be a random and especially along those two lolz.

And lolwut 3U looks much better than pturd, maybe the color palette is dimmer, but the game sure as hell looks better, even counting pturd and FU in vita omfghax screen.
---
PSN: kon-sama1491 /// 3DS FC: [0103-9731-4393]-[Kon] /// XYSafari: Ice
MH3U: HR125 all solo // W2 FC: 3869-9295-3181
#10jeof96(Topic Creator)Posted 1/4/2014 4:50:39 AM
thanks for the reply kon-sama and audioheretic, my internet connection was cut off for damn too long.
it seems I won't play this until 2 weeks have passed. my long fingernail on my right thumb broke and I can't precisely control the touchscreen D-pad. and I'm too broke to buy a CPP.

speaking of underwater fights I find them too long. Am I doing anything wrong if it is past the sub15 mark?
as for weapons underwater, would melee be as effective as ranged?
---