One thing I really like about this game

#1HeyWheresKelPosted 12/25/2013 11:40:28 AM
I'm new to Monster Hunter and I've gotten up to Ceadeus. But on my way there I've been encountering all these new monsters that make me thing "Wow, this thing is impossible! There's no way I'll ever be able to efficiently fight this thing, especially with this weapon." But I'm proven wrong every time. When I realized I needed Barioth Spikes to upgrade my Hunting Horn, I didn't think I'd bother because Barioth was such a pain in the ass to fight at all. But now I'm taking that thing with ease.
---
"What do you get when you cross an owl with a bungee cord? .......My ass."
http://i.imgur.com/DtiOyo0.png | 3DS FC: 3695-0189-8969
#2SaintRuzaiPosted 12/25/2013 12:04:59 PM
Fun isn't it? I remember first going into this game treating it as a hack n slash, with the mindset of "if I dodge, that's just one more attack I'm not getting off! Must keep attacking." So I had difficulty getting past R ludroth with that mindset. Having to prepare for every situation and strategize during the fight plus having all the external hazards during the fights really does bring about the thrill of the hunt doesnf it?
#3Fighter1stPosted 12/25/2013 12:25:58 PM
Same with me. When I fought Zinogre I was like: "2 more months and I will beat it." I could beat it on the second or third try. Then I was like: "I'm never gonna fight this thing again". Now I have a Zinogre armor
---
3ds friend code: 2552-1670-9084
pokemon Y Friend safari: ice: Bergmite, Snorunt, Lapras
#4flamedtechnoPosted 12/25/2013 4:53:59 PM
HeyWheresKel posted...
"Wow, this thing is impossible! There's no way I'll ever be able to efficiently fight this thing, especially with this weapon.

I kept thinking that back when I played Tri.
I still sometimes thought that when I played this game lol.
---
3DS FC: 1650-2244-8817 (Easy FC to remember lol)
Friend Safari: (Rock) Rhydon, Dwebble, and Magcargo
#5Itachi0207Posted 12/25/2013 7:25:15 PM
I know just what you mean. I thought the same thing about Diablos, now I can take him on easy although I wish I could do it faster (still takes me around 25 mins). Ohh and I just defeated Ceadeus so I'm still to start HR.
---
Joh-MT 3DS FC: 0533-4602-0290 Friend Safari: Petilil, Sunkern, ?????
#6scorptatiousPosted 12/25/2013 9:36:23 PM
SaintRuzai posted...
Fun isn't it? I remember first going into this game treating it as a hack n slash, with the mindset of "if I dodge, that's just one more attack I'm not getting off! Must keep attacking." So I had difficulty getting past R ludroth with that mindset. Having to prepare for every situation and strategize during the fight plus having all the external hazards during the fights really does bring about the thrill of the hunt doesnf it?

Agreed. I love preparing myself for fights ahead of time, and I love being able to craft weapons and armor out of the creatures I hunt. Really makes the armor I wear feel special to me.
#7ferofaxPosted 12/26/2013 12:14:09 AM(edited)
scorptatious posted...
SaintRuzai posted...

Agreed. I love preparing myself for fights ahead of time, and I love being able to craft weapons and armor out of the creatures I hunt. Really makes the armor I wear feel special to me.

Especially the parts that require rare parts, because being able to make them feels like a privilege that you earned the hard way (which you did, unless you're one of those charmed ones that just keep getting rare drops like candy). Donning the entire set, gloating at your awesome avatar, it gives you that warm, lovely, glowing feeling. Kinda like the first 4 seconds of wetting yourself.
---
Boomerang and RecoilDown+3 Evangelist