Before I get this game for the 3DS...

#1JeebajeebPosted 2/5/2014 4:58:53 PM
I hear a big complaint is the controls which take some time to get used to. What makes them so bad? Is it touch screen controls that suck? I remember playing the MH games on the PSP without an extra analog stick just fine, but I see many recommending the circle pad pro.
---
"You need glasses sucka! DAMNN!" *Gets downed* - The almighty Cole Train from Gears of War
#2AtykymPosted 2/5/2014 5:02:38 PM
I downloaded this game five days ago and haven't played any games of the series before. I didn't want to buy CCP so I decided not to buy it the first time it came out, since many said that it's hard to get used to touch screen controls. So far, the touch screen controls are amazing, but I haven't fought any boss monsters underwater yet, and that seems like a main issue to other people.
#3VolknPosted 2/5/2014 5:04:44 PM
The hard thing is moving your camara, which is near impossible while running since it's the direction pad which is underneath the circle pad.
#4DreamPheonixPosted 2/5/2014 5:06:30 PM
The only touchscreen control I know of is the digital directional pad, the rest are more like shortcuts - item reel / bag, combinations, gestures, toggle camera focus, and so on. You can customise their locations too.

For underwater combat, try switching the camera input such that pressing up moves the camera down. Feels more natural, to me at least, and a number of attacks can be avoided by swimming down and towards the target. Useful for weapons that have long vertical reach like gunlances.
#5palkia19Posted 2/5/2014 5:56:53 PM
The WiiU version is superior.
---
NNID: palkia19
3DS FC: 3437-4453-1430
#6metalxarmsxPosted 2/5/2014 6:10:35 PM
This game is worth buying the CPP for, not to mention you may even run into more games to use it for, the CPP is not a bad investment no matter how you look at it if you're planning to get at least one game that makes use of it.

That being said, it is not necessary.

If you want to be the best you can be in this game: Get the CPP.
If you don't want to be, and want to save money: Don't get it, and you can still manage the game.
If you want to be the best you can be in this game, and save money: Get a used CPP.
---
3DS Friend Code: 2062-9408-8089
#7AziraphailePosted 2/5/2014 6:14:14 PM
A second analog stick on the right side of the handheld would have been awesome. However putting the virtual camera d-pad on the right side of the touch screen alleviates much of the issue.

It's only really necessary in underwater fights, and for a few monsters that have some kind of "stealth" mechanic where the lock-on is broken temporarily for some reason. Otherwise for most land-battles, the lock-on camera button is all you really need.
---
you got nothing but your asterisk, boy. so ******** and ********** to the ********************************** and *!
tribaL216
#8Jeebajeeb(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2014 6:32:22 PM
palkia19 posted...
The WiiU version is superior.

Sup. Aren't you the best Brawl player in Barbados?
---
"You need glasses sucka! DAMNN!" *Gets downed* - The almighty Cole Train from Gears of War